Is it a trimac?

Freshwaterpredators

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
The Grotto
The pic Chris posted has to be a FH cause I've never seen a female trimac with a knuckle hump:)

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
Don't listen to those who think too far out.. They are fish anus diggers.. This is a Trimac.. Those who need too much info of where they come from instead of what they are arent real knowledgeable ppl anyway. It is hard for them to be happy.. Let them suffer.. LOL

beautiful Trimac.

lil neet

I Love MFK
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2005
Thats a hybrid flowerhorn for sure .Thats the problem with flowerhorns they made pure bred tri really rare unless bought from a responsible seller .It has female colors and tahts sure sign of hybrid

Freshwaterpredators

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
The Grotto
Thats a hybrid flowerhorn for sure .Thats the problem with flowerhorns they made pure bred tri really rare unless bought from a responsible seller .It has female colors and tahts sure sign of hybrid
Uhhhh..... Op's fish is a female..????

lunsforj

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2009
corvallis, OR
Just my 2 cents, if it was advertised as a true trimaculatum and that is what i was looking to purchase. I would of passed on that fish.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Don't listen to those who think too far out.. They are fish anus diggers.. This is a Trimac.. Those who need too much info of where they come from instead of what they are arent real knowledgeable ppl anyway. It is hard for them to be happy.. Let them suffer.. LOL

beautiful Trimac.
Would you feel comfortable breeding that fish to a known male Trimac and selling the fish as pure? I wouldn't, in light of what's gone on with the hybridization of the species and the impossabilty of visually being able to determin the difference between low grade flower horns with strong Trimac trates and pure fish. The fish in question could infact be a Trimac and if it is being sold by a reputable breeder/vendor as a Trimac then I wouldn't doubt it is. If the question is because the fish is of unknown origin and the OP is asking because he is looking for a positive ID as a pure Trimac nether I or can anyone else do that by mearly looking at it.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I think the problem that Jeff is having with this fish, is that it DID in fact come from a very reputable vendor, but unfortunately that vendor did not breed the fish himself. And I agree with Tom et al, for those that believe they can simply look at a fish and determine its genetic make-up with 100% accuracy, they are only fooling themselves.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store