Is it a trimac?

jgentry

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
Gallatin, TN
Who knows. None of us can see genetics with our eyes. It's a very pretty fish, but not what I would look for in a trimac. I prefer a lot more of the olive yellow base and 3-4 spots. The bright blue pearling around the spots is also concerning to me. I haven't exactly netted any wild trimacs out of a river so my opinion is based solely on books and pictures in them.

If they came from a very reliable source like stated that person should already have a really good idea what they are if they are being honest. Sounds like they are playing the I didn't breed them so not my fault card though. In my opinion there are enough off characteristics that I would not feel comfortable selling fry as trimacs unless I could figure out were they came from.

Like I said, very pretty fish. Hopefully you will be able to get some more information on them.

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
I think the problem that Jeff is having with this fish, is that it DID in fact come from a very reputable vendor, but unfortunately that vendor did not breed the fish himself. And I agree with Tom et al, for those that believe they can simply look at a fish and determine its genetic make-up with 100% accuracy, they are only fooling themselves.
Lol I don't think Jeff doubts what it was, I thinks hes was just....being Jeff ;)

Considering where she came from I would have no problem breeding her to a male and passing them off as pure. She just a nice wiggle to her that most don't typically have.

lil neet

I Love MFK
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2005
LOL there is no way thats a pure trimac .The colors are too intense ,spots too vivid .I mean if there was no doubt he would not have asked .I have learned if there is doubt then its not pure .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store