Is it just me?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
It was 18 wheeler version of said tech. It also will shut off the cruise control if a passing car cuts back in too close. No warning, just disables the cruise. Other annoying things too. Sitting in traffic, it won't idle more than 3 minutes. Just shuts off the engine. There's a bypass switch that will buy you an extra 3 min if you catch it in time. Like I said, annoying.
Sounds like some idiot idea. What about the truck jack knifing smh

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I can't stand when my truck downshifts while going down a hill. So now we're beating on my transmission instead of trusting me with the cheap brakes.

I'll be honest I like stick shifts.

The vibrating seat, side mirror flashing, and any kind of baby sitting assistance annoys me. The inventor of the seat belt dinger needs to be slapped.

I enjoy the power of cars today but that's about it. Theyve turned most trucks into sissy mobiles.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
It was 18 wheeler version of said tech. It also will shut off the cruise control if a passing car cuts back in too close. No warning, just disables the cruise. Other annoying things too. Sitting in traffic, it won't idle more than 3 minutes. Just shuts off the engine. There's a bypass switch that will buy you an extra 3 min if you catch it in time. Like I said, annoying.
That would drive me insane

Reactions: JAYBIRD1011

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
And also how does this affect the a/c? ...normally car's a/c lose their 'coolness' when off.
I hadn't even thought of that and I can see how it would be a nuisance in your neck of the woods.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I hadn't even thought of that and I can see how it would be a nuisance in your neck of the woods.
I can see a hot summer day when it's 120 inside the car as you first get into it and hit a light as you leave your neighborhood and the car shuts off.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store