Is my endli bichir gonna be ok?

EnbyNewbie

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2020
I recently got a baby endli named Titan, and he's really stumpy compared to the others I have, is he short body? I always feel bad for short bodies cuz of their deformities, I wanna know if he's gonna be ok! :(20210113_081734.jpg20210113_081719.jpg

Reactions: tlindsey

Potato Patatto

Aimara
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2020
I’m not really seeing the defect here, is he able to straighten his body? Sort of just looks like he had a big meal, regardless I wouldn’t worry. And SBs for some reason hold higher value in some circumstances as they’re just different. Either way if it’s eating it’s living

Reactions: EnbyNewbie

EnbyNewbie

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2020
Is it eating? I don't see much in the shortness thing. Still to early to tell he will probably grow into that head of his.
He's eating wonderfully, he's just a lot shorter than my other babies, my other 2 are longer and have proportional heads, he's got a big head but a short body

Reactions: twentyleagues

EnbyNewbie

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2020
I’m not really seeing the defect here, is he able to straighten his body? Sort of just looks like he had a big meal, regardless I wouldn’t worry. And SBs for some reason hold higher value in some circumstances as they’re just different. Either way if it’s eating it’s living
He can straighten out fine, he looks like a little log, he's just really stumpy and disproportionate compared to my other 2. Short bodies make me sad cuz often times defects like that hurt them cuz their organs outgrow them, idk if it's the same with bichir, but it's common in flowerhorns and stuff.

Potato Patatto

Aimara
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2020
He's eating wonderfully, he's just a lot shorter than my other babies, my other 2 are longer and have proportional heads, he's got a big head but a short body
a lot of members here have had extremely different growing experiences with bichirs, I would not worry

EnbyNewbie

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2020
I recently got a baby endli named Titan, and he's really stumpy compared to the others I have, is he short body? I always feel bad for short bodies cuz of their deformities, I wanna know if he's gonna be ok! :(View attachment 1447140View attachment 1447141
Soooooo, yall were right! I was just being a worrywart and Titan is indeed growing into his huge ass head! On another note, they've all started to love on each other and even made a little poly pile!! Soooo, all's well that ends well!! :nilly::woot:

Potato Patatto

Aimara
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2020
It will be something very random and that takes a bichir if it’s not water parameters. For instance, found yesterday morning with no visible issues or signs, and was dead in the evening with something looking like an infected gill. I added a turtle ledge a few days ago because he liked to bask near the surface, now I’m wondering if he got snagged on something. Maybe even heater burn.

Point is it’ll likely be very unexpected that takes yours guys

B0A2A455-9951-46B7-B544-249919CE4BAE.jpeg

18F45568-9D50-44FD-8BD5-7DABE1CBC36A.jpeg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
It will be something very random and that takes a bichir if it’s not water parameters. For instance, found yesterday morning with no visible issues or signs, and was dead in the evening with something looking like an infected gill. I added a turtle ledge a few days ago because he liked to bask near the surface, now I’m wondering if he got snagged on something. Maybe even heater burn.

Point is it’ll likely be very unexpected that takes yours guys

View attachment 1447489

View attachment 1447490
Sorry for the loss.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store