is this tank big enough?

teguc1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
eugene, Or
So I have read a ton of threads on several sites and am still confused. I currently have a 220 CA cichlid tank and am thinkin about getting rid of the cichlids and doing a Ray tank. Is this tank big enough? I don't know if or when I would be getting a bigger tank. Filtration, light, substrate, etc isn't a problem. Idealy I would have a Ray and a Arrowana together as the only only two occupants but, like I said I have been reading way to many conflicting opinions. Please, only those with experiance reply.

teguc1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
eugene, Or
is there a ray that is going to be too big or I am going to be pretty much ok? Also, what other fish are compatible? I have read that fish should be bigger then there mouths as they will eat anything that they can fit. So things like Cichilds? Discuss? Aro's?

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
it will cover you for awhile but you will need a larger tank or pond with in a couple years and 2 rays in a 100 gallon no comment

AnDr3w

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
Davie, FL
Nic;809752; said:
it will cover you for awhile but you will need a larger tank or pond with in a couple years and 2 rays in a 100 gallon no comment
lol. Come on I'm sure its only temporary. No need to get all worked up.:) :chillpill:

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
what are the dimentions of the 220 it chould be 3ft deep

tanks need to be stated in lenght width and depth to say if the are bige enought

Euge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Hong Kong
T1KARMANN;811367; said:
what are the dimentions of the 220 it chould be 3ft deep

tanks need to be stated in lenght width and depth to say if the are bige enought
i agree. and also depends what type of ray you are keeping. I am not a ray expert tho. But i think a retic would be your best bet

hollywood69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2006
virginia
temporary 6 years!! haha, i don't care what you guys say, ive had these retics for 6 years, when half of the people on the site can't get a retic to live past 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vexter

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
Regina
hollywood69;811560; said:
temporary 6 years!! haha, i don't care what you guys say, ive had these retics for 6 years, when half of the people on the site can't get a retic to live past 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree completely with you on that one. So yeah tank size for any fish is a tricky subject at best. All the equations in the world never have really helped me because I would go online and see videos of some fish that would be 'overstocked' by some equations and it was like... They look so happy. If you give the dimensions of the tank that would probably work best. But on a hunch 200 gallons seems like it should definitely work out for you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store