is this tank big enough?

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
Im going to try and introduce my rays and aro at the same time. If I cant, I'll get the aro first then two rays of similar size and introduce them. But I will most likely introduce them at the same time.

Good luck with your tank though!

teguc1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
eugene, Or
has anyoned tried to keep convicts with rays? they breed like crazy and it seems like it would be a natural food source. what about guppies? or other hornyn fish? sorry i am holdin my 10 monyh old and he makes it hardx to type!:WHOA:

teguc1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
eugene, Or
what about a bunch of discus? they seem mellow enough.

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
I have seen the discis and ray combo work quite well. There is actualy a Discus and ray tank with a few pictures right now in the Discus/Angelfish forum. It looks pretty awesome, and you'd heave more movement with a big school of discus up top and at the middle.

Check out the post in the Discus forum though and see if thats something you'd like to do.

I would do it, but I like arowanas to much.

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Convicts, No..

Discus and Rays can work togethor, but you need huge discus and a bigger tank.. It would be an expensive snack if you didn't know what your doing.

teguc1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
eugene, Or
can the rays flip the discus sideways to eat them? I don't get how the Rays could eat a discus. I am just looking for maybe a way for there to be an "intank" feeding solution. Just thought. What I am probably going to do is start emptying my cichlid tank, and slowly buy 6-7 discuss and then go on to buy 2-3 motoros and then maybe get rid of 2-3 discus. Don't know quite yet.

rayboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2006
New York (waiting to move)
If you get discus just be sure to get large full grown ones or you will get nailed with 50-100% water changes everyday for a year.....it sucks trust me.

-Kevin

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store