Jaguar breeding question

Oz fish guy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2018
Im thinkIing of separating my breeding pair of jags. If reintroduced will they auto pair or is it like trying to introduce a new fish again?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I personally would seperate with a divider like plastic egg crate so male and female can see each other. It's possible for the bond to be broken if you remove one from the aquarium especially if it's for awhile.

Oz fish guy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2018
Nah you know how ya just get sick of looking at the same thing... yea im sick of them hogging the big tank.

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
That is a nice pair of Jags. Instead of separating the wish because you are tired of looking at the same. How about redecorating the tank. Give in a real habitat feel.

Oz fish guy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2018
Ive got all my driftwood tied up in my 350ltr it looks mint in my opinion. Real natural lookin. grafted moss on the wood sand river rocks all that. Now that im doin refills with a hose and can do over 50% wc i will be able to keep on top of the yellowing of the tank from the driftwood being chewed on in the 6ft so i will go out and source more good wood and pimp it out all natty. Ill post a pic of my 5ft tobight when lighting is best. Show me your tanks. I wanna see how natural they are

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
That is a nice pair of Jags. Instead of separating the wish because you are tired of looking at the same. How about redecorating the tank. Give in a real habitat feel.
They are nice fish, would follow this advice if I was you.
What do you do with the babies when they breed?
I've been thinking about making the switch to 1 big fish but I worry I'd get bored with the same scene all the time too.

Oz fish guy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2018
Does anyone know how long itll take for my male jaguar to go full poker dot mode after breeding has ceased.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store