jaguar cichlid!

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
what is tank size? again putting aggressive SA cichlids together is not a good ideal and will not end well unless you are running a very very large tank. little guy is probably spooked ****less, just feed the pellets as usual he will snatch what he can when he can after he settles in. once he gets big his nastie attitude will set in and well, thats when things going to go south.

Angelo Anzovino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2018
what is tank size? again putting aggressive SA cichlids together is not a good ideal and will not end well unless you are running a very very large tank. little guy is probably spooked ****less, just feed the pellets as usual he will snatch what he can when he can after he settles in. once he gets big his nastie attitude will set in and well, thats when things going to go south.
175.and he has plenty of room along with the other 2

Reactions: Tony A.

Predator07

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2018
Orlando,FL
I have 150 gallon tank with chocolate and polleni cichlid both are about 4-5inch. Could I add a jaguar cichlid with them and what size should he be???

Kvandy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2018
Roseville, MI
I’m growing out 6 jags for a pair right now and I feed nightcrawlers , cut up tilapia and shrimp ,freeze dried brine shrimp . And the omega one carnivore frozen cubes. 2-3 times a day with a water change everyday. Mine will take pellets but Im trying to feed a higher protein diet. I will put them on pellets later when they are bigger.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
There no possible way??. I've seen video of jag in community tank
A video is just a snap shot in time, unless the person did regular updates over a prolonged period of time you don't know how long that community tank lasted. I have seen a few community tanks with jags in that worked well, but these tanks where in the 500 gal range with very carefully selected tank mates. I very much doubt a chocolate would be able handle the aggression from a female jag let alone a male.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Jaguar with polleni (5inch) in 150gallon???..
Many people would debate if a 150 gal tank is big enough for a solo male jag I think it's about border line. I think its definitely to small for a jag to be housed with anything else.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store