Jeremy Wade is back!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
No kidding after that nuclear blowout in Japan they found radioactive salmon, some made it to California and Oregon , makes you wonder what's in the seafood?
Radioactive tuna actually. Oil spills also affect their cardiovascular function if I recall correctly

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Radioactive tuna actually. Oil spills also affect their cardiovascular function if I recall correctly
60 percent of deep sea fish have very high levels of pollutants in their bodies, this includes fish like hake and orange roughy.
100 percent of fish have mercury contamination.
Unlike what certain people will tell you , cooking fish doesn't really get rid of pollutants ( I mean really ? Where would it go?), yet I hear this suggestion all the time

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
60 percent of deep sea fish have very high levels of pollutants in their bodies, this includes fish like hake and orange roughy.
100 percent of fish have mercury contamination.
Unlike what certain people will tell you , cooking fish doesn't really get rid of pollutants ( I mean really ? Where would it go?), yet I hear this suggestion all the time
Interesting point,could it be remotely possible that at least some of the substances get destroyed during the cooking process similar to how some nutrients are destroyed?

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Interesting point,could it be remotely possible that at least some of the substances get destroyed during the cooking process similar to how some nutrients are destroyed?
Some are probably denatured, but at the same time cooking will probably make other chemical compounds which are worse

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Some are probably denatured, but at the same time cooking will probably make other chemical compounds which are worse
Very sad indeed that in the vast ocean the number of contaminated fish is so high.

BTG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2018
River monster was a great show. I liked the episode where he went muskie fishing. It showed the truth behind the saying, "the fish of 10,000 casts".

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
River monster was a great show. I liked the episode where he went muskie fishing. It showed the truth behind the saying, "the fish of 10,000 casts".
No kidding, it can get tiring with the super large tackle, but makes a good workout

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store