June 2007 POTM Winner

carolinafishkeeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2007
the carolinas
X24;943682; said:
nice picture. i guess i just gotta feed my fish something better then a mouse and i'll win next month.......how much do you think i'd cost to get a hold of a human fetus? nah better not go there.
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: Congrats to the winner

Tunnel Rat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Australia
Thanks people :grinno:

AndreR;947183; said:
That was the intention of the shot :headbang2

But if you think fish do not eat this type of food in the wild think again.
I have seen a Saratoga on the Marry river eat small bird's.I was fishing when I notice a baby bird fall from a nest.Before I could move the boat over to scoop the bird up a big Saratoga snapped it up.I was so surprised at the speed in which the Saratoga took the bird it had only just hit the water.
I tried to shake the remaining bird from the nest so I could use it as bait :WHOA:

Just joking I tried to save the birds life but the Saratoga was to fast.

The marry river is about 150km east of Darwin in NT Australia.

As I stated before I do not feed my fish mice it was just a one off thing for the camera.

Rat :headbang2

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Seen a LMB eat a squirrel that fell in the water once. Was kinda strange and funny at the same time. Fed my catfish some worm snakes before when I lived in North Carolina. Good pic.

GBG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2006
ny
A high quality picture, for sure, but a nasty shot, sorry to see it win. It's not a good or accurate image for this site because it suggests that the membership is a bunch of extremists who get a kick out of feeding mice and rats to their fish when in fact most of us (I think) just like to keep BIG interesting fish in big tanks. I don't think more than a very small percentage of the membership feed their fish mice/rats/other mammals, etc. Maybe I'm wrong. Just my $.02.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
GBG;952792; said:
A high quality picture, for sure, but a nasty shot, sorry to see it win. It's not a good or accurate image for this site because it suggests that the membership is a bunch of extremists who get a kick out of feeding mice and rats to their fish when in fact most of us (I think) just like to keep BIG interesting fish in big tanks. I don't think more than a very small percentage of the membership feed their fish mice/rats/other mammals, etc. Maybe I'm wrong. Just my $.02.
I dont think that it reflects on the majority of this community. Most people here know that the majority of the MFK community IMO does not practice this type of fish keeping. I think that people are adult enough to know that there is a difference between voting for a picture and actually practicing what the picture includes.

GBG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2006
ny
You're probably right, but if a non-member saw that picture as he/she perused the site...

If my wife saw that pic, she would certainly think I'm subscribed to some sort of sick cruelty-to-animals website. (Admitedly, she is a bit weak in the knees for this sort of stuff, but you get the idea...).

It's just a bit over the top, IMHO. :)

FishRfine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2007
Clarksville, MD
thats spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy crap thats cool!!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store