June 2007 POTM Winner

BlackTopKing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
Summerville, SC
It a nice shot and i give my congrates....

i dont think that it shouldnt of had any less votes due to content, nature is not rated PG either.

I believe if a new member saw that and came to MFK due to pic he or she whould leave also very shortly afterwards, learning quickly thats not what were are about.
Animal cruelty? far from it, I could understand if someone feed a kitten to an ARO....but a mouse? is a feeder to a snake! the same as a golf fish is a feeder to an Oscar!...True some ppl keep mice and some ppl keep gold fish but i have seen koi eat gold fish...! Animal is an Animal they dont know cruelty and altho they do reflect there owners. The diffinative line comes down to general socity and what it accepts as wrong or right. In general, a mouse is a pest and terminx is more cruel then the winning photo...
and like i stated if i posted a pic with an aro eating a cat...Generaly, i would have millions of ppl chasing me with bats...lol

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
super_red_dragon;974066; said:
so i cant view pics till i have 5 posts. so im juts gonna do five here. hope you dont mind
i just deleted all of your non-sense so to answer your question yes i do mind.

how about posting a compliment or two in the photo lounge?

aussie_hippie_2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2007
Southern WI
X24;943682; said:
nice picture. i guess i just gotta feed my fish something better then a mouse and i'll win next month.......how much do you think i'd cost to get a hold of a human fetus? nah better not go there.

LOL. We share the same demented humour apparently :ROFL:

Tunnel Rat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Australia
Thanks guys it sure did cause some controversy :grinno:

GBG;965086; said:
If my wife saw that pic, she would certainly think I'm subscribed to some sort of sick cruelty-to-animals website. (Admitedly, she is a bit weak in the knees for this sort of stuff, but you get the idea...).
It's just a bit over the top, IMHO. :)
Did you miss my first post it was a frozen mouse were is the cruelty in that or is it ok for me to feed a snake with it but not a fish :screwy:
If it was one of those videos showing a mouse swimming around while a school of piranha's slowly picked it off ok you would have a point. But it is not so :chillpill: have you hugged a tree lately :D

Rat :headbang2

ercnan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2006
The End Of The Yellow Brick Road
Gr8KarmaSF;953134; said:
I dont think that it reflects on the majority of this community. Most people here know that the majority of the MFK community IMO does not practice this type of fish keeping. I think that people are adult enough to know that there is a difference between voting for a picture and actually practicing what the picture includes.
But it did win a contest based on a voting system.
Did it win from the most votes because of the "quality" of the photo, or by the "shock" value ?
He did state that it was a "one off" shot for the camera, leading me to think it was done for the "shock" value to win, with photo quality as an afterthought.

Congrats on the win.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store