Just Got Arowana and Its Not Eating Is There Somethimg Wrong?

Rocha42

Feeder Fish
Jan 13, 2016
Hello,
I just recently bought a new arowana for my 55 gallon tank and its already been about 5 days and he hasn't ate any of the krill i have been feeding him also whenever i do try to feed him he swims super fast to the other side of the tank like hes scared of me. Is there something i can do that will help him eat or is there something wrong with him that i should be concerned about?

Please help!!!!!!!!!

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Does it have any floating plants if not add some to provide cover.
Dim the lights or turn them off to help him feel more secure.
How big is it?
What are the tankmates?

What's your next upgrade going to be?

Reactions: twcp

Rocha42

Feeder Fish
Jan 13, 2016
Does it have any floating plants if not add some to provide cover.
Dim the lights or turn them off to help him feel more secure.
How big is it?
What are the tankmates?

What's your next upgrade going to be?
I don't have any floating plants i just have the plants in the gravel i was gonna get a floating log if that would help. And would it be alright to get more fish since you asked about the tankmates and what kind would you prefer?

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Although Hikari sticks are great, you'd want to smash up as it may be too big depending on the size of your aro. Keep at it with the pellets and dry food that will make your life easier in the long run, but you can also supplement now with blood worms to get it eating more.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Try feeding raw prawn / shrimp if its taking nothing else , at least this way your aro can gain some size and get strong before pellet training starts this way you can starve them onto pelkets. Like the others have mentioned arowana are very nervous juveniles especially when in new surrounding , keep the lights off or dimmed untill he's feeding confidently , and try to keep the people traffic in front and around the tank to a minimum for a while give him chance to settle in , good luck with him keep us posted on progression :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store