MFK Member
May 7, 2005
nice pick-up

martin day

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
england
hi m8 great barca a truely beautifull channa but one thing please put it in a equally nice looking tank instead of something so bare put a few plants in there or something id keep goldfish in a tank that bare not one of the rare`st channa

mad ness

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2009
Hong Kong
update: it's grown quite a bit and healed completely. there were patches of black where the skin had injuries from being out of water for 3hrs. gets a bit of cloud eye on water changes that clears away after a few days. water's dechlor'd and salt added. wonder if there's an issue with the new water or if it's eye membrane is weak from the out of water accident.

eats like a pig - crickets, frogs, and freeze dried shrimp. Appears to leaves small fish alone. He did bite the hand off a salamander i had in there (lucily it's the kind that regenerates limbs). Have a trio of killa fish in there since the beginning.

There's another barca, similar size but same LFS wants 75% more for this one. they obviously know exactly where to find them now... Been there for 1.5 months now. Don't think it'll sell well in this market. If they drop price, would consider to pick it up and try cohabing but don't understand how to sex them nor fully understand the risk. Any inputs would be appreciated. this barca is a lot more aggressive. it jumps out of the water at fingers when waved around over the tank.

sorry about photo quality, lil fella wouldnt stay still. got one off with flash then batts died.

DSCF5544.JPG

DSCF5545.JPG

DSCF5546.JPG

DSCF5547.JPG

DSCF5548.JPG

DSCF5549.JPG

DSCF5551.JPG

DSCF5550.JPG

Outlander

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2009
Japan
I have to agree with Martin....If nothing else some surface cover (water lettuce, frog bit etc) would help to steady him and stop the urge to jump.
Why are you adding salt?
A beautiful specimen though.

mad ness

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2009
Hong Kong
thanks. i think this might be my favorite fish. interactive and looks nice.

can't see in the pic, but there's a mushroom shaped island in the middle of the tank for cover. water is at half level so even if it jumps, cant make it out. almost learned the hard way. my barca is pretty relaxed, it's the other one at the LFS that's agro.

keep salt in all my tanks, helps keep water cleaner and stable.

Outlander;3923004; said:
I have to agree with Martin....If nothing else some surface cover (water lettuce, frog bit etc) would help to steady him and stop the urge to jump.
Why are you adding salt?
A beautiful specimen though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store