Kamfa flowerhorn grooming

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
I have found when used outside the tank, they will chase them back and forth like they would a finger or anything else you may use. When dropped in the tank they usually nudge them a few times, but seem to loose interest fast. Here is what I have, maybe there are some more life like toys that work better?

View attachment 1409573
I think size might be the reason, fish needs to think of it as a rival. On adding it to the tank fish would know it's not another fish.

I have seen people make their own toy using cardboard and a print out of flowerhorn picture.

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
All you need is a used filter from a heathy well established tank. I have set up so many tanks years ago that had so many “cycling” problems. Then about 12–15 years ago I started taking dirty filters from well established tanks to cycle newly set up tanks and I never had a cycling issue again. Forget all the fancy expensive bottled bacteria. Go with a dirty filter.

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
The message I just posted was for Flowerhorn Gal and the OP. Is your tank cycled? What size tank is he in? He sounds like he hasn’t settled in at all. Is he eating????

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
All you need is a used filter from a heathy well established tank. I have set up so many tanks years ago that had so many “cycling” problems. Then about 12–15 years ago I started taking dirty filters from well established tanks to cycle newly set up tanks and I never had a cycling issue again. Forget all the fancy expensive bottled bacteria. Go with a dirty filter.
Totally agree. It's the same method I use for my tanks. Cuts the cycling process down from 6 weeks all the way down to just 1 week max. Makes cycling a tank 10x easier/quicker. I've even had it be ready within a day before (usually smaller tanks with a far bigger filter).

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
This is what I suggest, when you buy a flowerhorn locally, just buy sponge filter in his tank as well. Getting old filter from tank kept at similar temperature is all you need.

Kamfa2020

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2020
My kamfa flowerhorn isn't eating farm house thailand feed.
The person from whome I bought him told me that he has been feeding him with okiko platinum.
But I couldn't find okiko in the market hence I got the farmhouse thailand feed.
But he isn't accepting the feed.
Suggest mr some ways so that I could get the fish eat the farm house Thailand feed
Thank u

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Replied to your other thread

There can be one of the two things
Usually fish take few days to accept new food (highly likely), in this case you will need to starve him for few days,
Or he might be sick, then you will have to treat him.

Was he shipped to you? How's the poop color?

On side note, I would not feed either food. Better food would be from northfin, NLS, if on budget then hikari.

Flowerhorn Gal_AL

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2020
My kamfa flowerhorn isn't eating farm house thailand feed.
The person from whome I bought him told me that he has been feeding him with okiko platinum.
But I couldn't find okiko in the market hence I got the farmhouse thailand feed.
But he isn't accepting the feed.
Suggest mr some ways so that I could get the fish eat the farm house Thailand feed
Thank u
Hi! Even though a noob, I've already learned this: if FH isn't eating, you may have a problem. If you factor in that it's new to the fish, you should see interest in the food even if it's ultimately refused.
I don't think I've seen a single source that says a FH without appetite is normal.
I have a new cycling tank & even my goldfish like sun dried Red Shrimp & tetra freeze dried Bloodworms. These guys know their stuff, so take their recommends. to heart.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store