Kamfa flowerhorn grooming

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
He seems fine then, no need to treat for any disease. He's not used to the food yet, starve him for few days.
The key word is “fast” because some people seem to think your actually starving your fish to not feed it for a few days.

Reactions: Ruturaj

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
If you do not feed him for two days and then on the third day you try to feed him and he does not eat you have one of three possible common problems.
1st could be that your water parameters are off. check PH, nitrites, nitrates, temp.
2nd doesn't like the food you are trying to feed him. (Some flowerhorns inhale all food offered to them while other are more picky.)
3rd internal parasites are preventing him from eating.

Reactions: Ruturaj

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
If you do not feed him for two days and then on the third day you try to feed him and he does not eat you have one of three possible common problems.
1st could be that your water parameters are off. check PH, nitrites, nitrates, temp.
2nd doesn't like the food you are trying to feed him. (Some flowerhorns inhale all food offered to them while other are more picky.)
3rd internal parasites are preventing him from eating.
He said he did deworm it, so 1 or 2.

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
Sure........ he said he dewormed the fish; but not how he accomplished it. Many Flowerhorn keepers think that have done a process that deworms their fish and it does not take care of the problem. But once again this problem could completely be cause by the first two problems i mentioned.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Sure........ he said he dewormed the fish; but not how he accomplished it. Many Flowerhorn keepers think that have done a process that deworms their fish and it does not take care of the problem. But once again this problem could completely be cause by the first two problems i mentioned.
Possible. Most of the cases I have seen were either 2 or 3. Never heard about 1 causing it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store