Kirin X Blood Parrot spawn

BLUECAN

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2009
Canada
Yes Kirrin is half Flowerhorn Half Parrot ... so these babies are 3/4 parrot..(or possibly more depending on the flowerhorn parents background) I do plan on growing these 16 all out, also anxious to see what the father will end up looking like now. Would be neat to try him with one of his daughters eventually :)

BLUECAN

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2009
Canada
The babies have grown but not any significant change, 16 healthy babies so far though. The Father has faded a bit more, bright yellow I have to try to get more pics later. His Pearling is sticking around it actually looks like he may be from a Thai Silk / Parrot Spawn he's got big blotch pearls

IMG_4488.PNG

IMG_4489.PNG

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
I wouldn't have expected the kirin to fade. Pretty neat. So you basically have a breeding pair of parrots and I envy you. Condition them for a big spawn and let's see how many pure looking parrots they throw. I've been waiting to see a fertile pair like this for years. If I remember right chrisplosion's pair of kirin did not make good fry.

joegriggs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2016
Any update? I'm not a blood parrot keeper, but I found this very interesting. Your Bonsai Thai Silk is beautiful. Have you had any luck with those two?

BLUECAN

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2009
Canada
I wouldn't have expected the kirin to fade. Pretty neat. So you basically have a breeding pair of parrots and I envy you. Condition them for a big spawn and let's see how many pure looking parrots they throw. I've been waiting to see a fertile pair like this for years. If I remember right chrisplosion's pair of kirin did not make good fry.

Exactly I thought he was turning dark just because he was minding his babies (and he did an awesome job) was shocked myself... the babies look to be regular bodied though but its hard to know for sure the last Short body fry I had was like 6 years ago , so we will see.

BLUECAN

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2009
Canada
Any update? I'm not a blood parrot keeper, but I found this very interesting. Your Bonsai Thai Silk is beautiful. Have you had any luck with those two?

The male is very very nice, he is paired up with the female from this breeding now they had one attempt but no hatches ... he may be infertile or just new at it, they will try again soon I'm sure they are really bonded always doing the shake and cave dig. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Ihsnshaik

BLUECAN

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2009
Canada
The Fry are now 1/4 to half inch. very healthy, there now looks to be some sb's and longer bodies, but still to early to know for sure. -- The second largest is full of tiny pearls now, which is also interesting, I could literally get anything out of this batch lol Will post pics when they grow a bit pointless now and its too hard to get the pearly one in a snap.

Reactions: Culebras

BLUECAN

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2009
Canada
i took a vid but it won't let me upload the iPhone movie file grrrr

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store