lapradei Bichir

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
How fast do lapredei Bichir grow??? I have them ina. 40 gallon grow out tank
Depends if WC or CB, also how much food and water change/quality. Ive seen CB that will grow fast in the first yr and slow down or get stunned after 11”-12”. Ive had WC laps that grow about 1” per month if the bichirs eats alot. Ive also had laps that grow 1/2” every month so the vary. Safe to say 1” per month.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
what is WC or CB?
Depends if WC or CB, also how much food and water change/quality. Ive seen CB that will grow fast in the first yr and slow down or get stunned after 11”-12”. Ive had WC laps that grow about 1” per month if the bichirs eats alot. Ive also had laps that grow 1/2” every month so the vary. Safe to say 1” per month.

Reactions: tlindsey

AbrahamKing0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2021
Mine is not wild caught!!! I feed them twice a day jumbo blood worms/ beef heart and now I’m going to start feeding them salad shrimp they are all still about 3-4inch long. My water quality is pretty good I do often water changes every few days

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Mine is not wild caught!!! I feed them twice a day jumbo blood worms/ beef heart and now I’m going to start feeding them salad shrimp they are all still about 3-4inch long. My water quality is pretty good I do often water changes every few days
Blood worm and beef heart not good as staple diet, they dont have alot of nutrition. Also with shrimp is not good as staple, once a month its ok. Try feeding small pieces of cut tilapia fillet and cichlid gold sinking pellets, also you can feed smelt cut in bite size. I would wear gloves when cutting smelts cause smell will stay in your hand for a few hrs?. Dont feed twice a day since bichirs methabolism are slow cause they dont swim alot. Do every other day.
You should have a steady growth 1” per month until 11”-12”. Then it will slow down. hope it helps.

AbrahamKing0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2021
Blood worm and beef heart not good as staple diet, they dont have alot of nutrition. Also with shrimp is not good as staple, once a month its ok. Try feeding small pieces of cut tilapia fillet and cichlid gold sinking pellets, also you can feed smelt cut in bite size. I would wear gloves when cutting smelts cause smell will stay in your hand for a few hrs?. Dont feed twice a day since bichirs methabolism are slow cause they dont swim alot. Do every other day.
You should have a steady growth 1” per month until 11”-12”. Then it will slow down. hope it helps.
Thank you !!! I will try that

Reactions: Polyaddict86
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store