Let's see those Commons/Comets/Shubunkins!

KittyKatFish100

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2009
Nowhere
Nice fish Athena! And any pics are welcome here no matter what the quality ;) Thanks for posting. Oh and by the way, they can't really do any harm but mollies tend to pick at goldfish all the time. That would piss me off lol...

Athena987

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 23, 2011
New York
Thanks!!! Haha I know, my brother just happened to surprise me one day with them (the white one and a platys) already in the tank with my goldfish. The spotted one had to be moved out of my sisters tank because it was aggressive with smaller mollies in her tank. Katana (the spotted one) was fine once she was in my goldfish tank, I guess because all the goldfish were bigger. As for the white one, in the beginning he would nip the goldfish during feeding time. For awhile I separated him during the feeding time. I'm not sure what happened, but he's fine with the goldfish during feeding time now and won't nip at them. As for the platys, he keeps to himself most of the time. Now they're just one big happy family :D

wolf96

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
Memphis, TN
Here is a quick video of 2 of my Sarasa Comets and my Yamabuki Ogon Butterfly Koi. I have another Comet that was in the quarantine tank at this filming. They are all about to move to a new 246 gallon tank (96x27x22) shortly.
I love keeping Goldies/ Koi!! They truly are my favorite fish to keep. I agree that many look over them because they are seen as feeders or beginner fish. I know however, that they can be a challenge to grow large and to thrive and they always LOVE an overfiltered tank. I am filtering 950+GPH on my tank.

They can be truly spectacular fish when properly cared for.

I also have 2 tropical tanks... but I can't seem to break this addiction to Goldfish/ Koi.[video]http://youtu.be/NlmvNYvtCrQ[/video]

KittyKatFish100

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2009
Nowhere
Here is a quick video of 2 of my Sarasa Comets and my Yamabuki Ogon Butterfly Koi. I have another Comet that was in the quarantine tank at this filming. They are all about to move to a new 246 gallon tank (96x27x22) shortly.
I love keeping Goldies/ Koi!! They truly are my favorite fish to keep. I agree that many look over them because they are seen as feeders or beginner fish. I know however, that they can be a challenge to grow large and to thrive and they always LOVE an overfiltered tank. I am filtering 950+GPH on my tank.

They can be truly spectacular fish when properly cared for.

I also have 2 tropical tanks... but I can't seem to break this addiction to Goldfish/ Koi.[video]http://youtu.be/NlmvNYvtCrQ[/video]
Wonderful video thanks for sharing :) They all look healthy and I bet they'll just love their new tank. Great job ^_^

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store