~~~LET'S SEE THOSE EARTHEATERS~~~

Icecold Dan

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 10, 2018
Earth
Ben_Jam_In Ben_Jam_In

Those guianacara owroewefi are awesome! I hadn't seen that fish before.

Serpentine

Piranha
MFK Member
May 17, 2018
Here is one of my juvenile Geophagus abalios spotting a tiny pond snail and deciding to go for it.

Her face looks almost delighted, doesn't it?

Reactions: Icecold Dan

Serpentine

Piranha
MFK Member
May 17, 2018
Oh! Red Head Tapajos! I've been looking for those forever.

Awesome photo. Have the rays ever tried to harm the Geos?

Reactions: JK47

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Oh! Red Head Tapajos! I've been looking for those forever.

Awesome photo. Have the rays ever tried to harm the Geos?
Thank you! As pairs breed different pups at different ages go through these tanks so small stays with small type thing. Eventually rays will pick off geos if left to grow together.

How many geos do u have in that tank. It is just great havent seen that many rays with geos before. Do the geos breed in there or all males. It is a super cool look u got going on there. How big is the tank might i ask. Just great good job
Thank you! There’s four male tapajo in this tank.

They are great mates for younger rays but not great long term since they are smaller adults. As rays increase in size, orange heads decrease in numbers. I can’t mix them with rays any larger so they have to stay in growout tanks. This is one of the 72”x36” tanks

Reactions: Serpentine

Serpentine

Piranha
MFK Member
May 17, 2018
Thank you! As pairs breed different pups at different ages go through these tanks so small stays with small type thing. Eventually rays will pick off geos if left to grow together.

Thank you! There’s four male tapajo in this tank.

They are great mates for younger rays but not great long term since they are smaller adults. As rays increase in size, orange heads decrease in numbers. I can’t mix them with rays any larger so they have to stay in growout tanks. This is one of the 72”x36” tanks
How big are those Geos? They look like mature adults, though it's hard to get a sense of size from the photo.

Reactions: JK47
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store