Let's see those Paratilapia: largespot & smallspot!

FishRfine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2007
Clarksville, MD
I cant find any pics, but paratilapia are one of my favorite cichlids. they are extremely regal and elegant, and are quite gentle. my pair at school takes shrimp right out of my hand.

Cdog

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2007
Washington
Here are a few pics of mine. His name is Heavy Metal.

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_1113.JPG

aquaticdesignsp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2007
Kentucky
I posted pictures of some of our Polleni cichilds here a while ago, but now it's time to unveil something new... a patternless Paratilapia Polleni cichlid that we have for sale. She is an 8-inch long female that we call "Perra". To our knowledge, and to the knowledge of the Newport Aquarium, she is the only known patternless Polleni in captivity.

See her color (video has better lighting):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krmD9_WeIvI
See her markings (video shows her sides):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWuw5zNoH-I

You can see how she displays olive green, instead of black, and does not have any of the usual iridescent Polleni markings. The only other patternless Polleni we could find information about was returned to Madagascar last year. Prior to that, she was being used in an attempted breeding project, and was insured for $50,000!! So Perra is one-of-a-kind, for sure!!

We have about 30 small-, large-, and micro-spots, and we would love to see her go to a home where she can be appreciated for her incredible rarity. PM if you are interested.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
That is so cool a thread i made 3 years ago is still alive FISH ON GUYS!!!!!!!!!

aquaticdesignsp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2007
Kentucky
Because of where her tank is my fish room, it's tough to get a picture. You can see that she has no markings.

Valentine's Day 004.JPG

Cross127

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2006
CT
I would post pics of mine 4" Male Bleekeri but he is insanely active and can NEVER get a clear shot of him. He is super aggro now that I added a Vieja to his tank for growout they both are going in a 400 gallon tank next month sometime or next week whenever I get the tank from my yard to the inside of my house. Be back with decent pics hopefully.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store