Let's see those Paratilapia: largespot & smallspot!

aquaticdesignsp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2007
Kentucky
Here are some pics of my Polleni collection.

100_0566.JPG

100_0263.JPG

HPIM2042.JPG

HPIM2043.JPG

Valentines work 006.JPG

**** 118.jpg

aquaticdesignsp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2007
Kentucky
My colony of small spot Polleni Cichlids. Watch close for my Patternless Female. I have no knowledge of any other patternless Polleni anywhere. She is different. Tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ZZ9S-1zc6IY

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
mrcrane;2683224; said:
nice fishes everyone! i want 1 now.
You really should look into getting some, they are not only striking in appearance, but have the best personality of any cichlid (IMO)

RedH2O

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2009
Saskatchewan
Ill have to get a pic of mine hes just a juvie but he is a Paratilipia Bleekeri (maralambo sp) The father of this fish looks stunning, doesn't seem to bother ne fish, but is by no means a push over

lostnight

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2006
Dayton, Ohio, USA
lostnight;1335231; said:
Here's mine, I have him in with some Caquetaia spetabilis and a Xingu(orangepike). The Poleni is the largest, around 5.5 inches,and rules the tank.

This guy died a few months ago, I guess the breeding pair of spectabiles took him out. I feel bad, I wanted to move him to another aquarium, but didn't get around to it soon enough. They really werern't picking on him badly at all, just keeping him away from their territory. But when I found his dead body, his fins were shredded and they weren't before. I've sure missed him, and picked up some juveniles recently at a lfs, growing out in a recently vacated 55. I plan to acquire 3 more aquariums in 2009, including another 150+ one, so hopefully things will ork out better.

As far as breeding these guys,, I don't know the minimum tank size for breeding. If you get a young smaller pair wanting to breed you may be able to pull it off in a 55, but as they grow something bigger would be the way to go.

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
I'd go with at least something like a 5 or 6' tank to do it comfortably, but probably can get away with a 75 when not full grown

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store