lfs in nj

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
anyone go to route 4 aquarium in elmwood park that was my favorite store they had everything salt fresh and they had reptiles they had a 1000 gallon tank with monster catfish and pacu

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
anyone go to route 4 aquarium in elmwood park that was my favorite store they had everything salt fresh and they had reptiles they had a 1000 gallon tank with monster catfish and pacu
That is who built my 500

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Cool is it run by the same people who dealt with fish?
Owner is the same but the day to day is the reptile department from the old store

Grinch

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
NJ
I've been to lots of fish stores in NJ, but I can't say I've been them all. Some personal favorites:
-JB's: as old-school as it comes... don't see it, ask... there's a stocked up warehouse out back and his prices are great. Run of the mill livestock most of the time.
-Fish Hut: best place that we've been to for African cichlids... great deals can be had, but also some high prices... little bit of everything in terms of livestock, including rarer Africans.
-Ocean's: It's like being inside a boat. Great saltwater selection. Cool store displays/ponds. Middle of the road prices.
-Shark: Only got to go here twice before it closed :( Soooooo cool.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store