Looking for American eel for my 125g

CamsCustom

Feeder Fish
Aug 31, 2017
Hey guys new here. I'm custom building a 125g tank from scratch and when I'm done I want to add an American eel to hang out in the caves I built please help TYIA

IMG_4278.JPG

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
You will need tight fitting cover glass to stop an eel escaping (and to reduce condensation and evaporation depending on where you are)

I assume the caves are made of something that will not leach lime in to the water? What is it?

Well done on making a tank though.

In the corner you have a pipe with holes in, most of the way down, which I assume is the return from a sump, when the power goes out how will you stop the tank draining down in to (and out of) the sump? Or is it for an external canister filter only (assume it might be or heater would be in the sump?)

Reactions: tlindsey

CamsCustom

Feeder Fish
Aug 31, 2017
I plan on making a solid wood canopy cover with plexiglass and a seal (almost like a fridge) and the corner you see was the intake for a sump system but since then I have drilled holes through the overflow (I've decided on a dual canister system and creating an Asian type root system tree to cover the corner with blended in holes to allow water flow into all levels of the tree. And as for the concrete I'm using hydraulic water-stop cement by quikrete ( I tend to follow Joey the diy king on YouTube, and trust most of the products he uses)

CamsCustom

Feeder Fish
Aug 31, 2017
Also added note I do know I will have to change the water tons of times from the concrete skyrocketing the ph level

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store