SFury

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2009
Wisconsin
DavidW;3365015; said:
Mac
:)
As Steve Jobs so accurately said : you won;t find a PC owner who says they love their PC but there are plenty of Mac users ( me included) who love their Macs.
Immune to internet viruses, blazing fast, user friendly, integrated machine and O.S , beautiful design always ahead of anyone else... yadda yadda ( ok, I;m a fan! LOL)
What a shoeple.

Macs are just as problematic as PCs in the same proportion of two things.

Marketshare, and overall hardware support. Macs support very little hardware overall, and PCs through better OSs do.

I repair computers for a living. I've worked on Macs and PCs. They are now the same basically. Exactly the same in almost every aspect. They use the same hard drives, optical drives, processors, and memory. Apple just has proprietary motheboards now with standardized chipsets from Intel tailored for them.

Most Macs cost twice as much as the same quality PC. Most Macs are cheap pieces of plastic housing that heaven forbid your case cracks after the warranty is up. You'll spend almost as much money for a $0.30 item as the computer itself is worth.

Let's not forget software. Mac software availability is almost nothing because most companies don't cater to a minor fraction of people.

Now, Macs do have a niche. Because of successful marketing and corporate collaboration they are overall better machines for image editing, and small video projects. This fact cannot be denied.

For anyone who thinks Macs are immune to the sycophantic efforts of the greedy soul sucking criminals who write mal-aware and virii you are in for a rude awakening. Those malignant pieces of software do exist, and do infect Mac machines. Where there is any profit to be made, someone will tred there. Always be prepared and take precautions to protect yourself.

DavidW

INCOMING!!!
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2005
Manaus, Brasil
SFury;3365227; said:
What a shoeple.

Macs are just as problematic as PCs in the same proportion of two things.

Marketshare, and overall hardware support. Macs support very little hardware overall, and PCs through better OSs do.

I repair computers for a living. I've worked on Macs and PCs. They are now the same basically. Exactly the same in almost every aspect. They use the same hard drives, optical drives, processors, and memory. Apple just has proprietary motheboards now with standardized chipsets from Intel tailored for them.

Most Macs cost twice as much as the same quality PC. Most Macs are cheap pieces of plastic housing that heaven forbid your case cracks after the warranty is up. You'll spend almost as much money for a $0.30 item as the computer itself is worth.

Let's not forget software. Mac software availability is almost nothing because most companies don't cater to a minor fraction of people.

Now, Macs do have a niche. Because of successful marketing and corporate collaboration they are overall better machines for image editing, and small video projects. This fact cannot be denied.

For anyone who thinks Macs are immune to the sycophantic efforts of the greedy soul sucking criminals who write mal-aware and virii you are in for a rude awakening. Those malignant pieces of software do exist, and do infect Mac machines. Where there is any profit to be made, someone will tred there. Always be prepared and take precautions to protect yourself.
I don;t know what a " shoeple" is
:(

My current mac ( powermac pro laptop) has not had a crash or a freeze since I bought it 4 years ago. never a virus problem, never a software problem, It is made ( the casing) from titanium, good luck cracking that. I did have a battery problem along with many Mac and SonyPC users, replaced for free without question.
Every good idea Windows ever had they stole from mac ( an old quote) Are you saying that windows ( PC) whatever their latest tragedy is, is as good/stable as Mac OS Leopard?
Saying Mac and PC are the same is like saying Volkswagon and Porsche are the same imo.
Put it this way.
No-one ever converts from Mac to PC, but plenty convert from PC to mac
Macs have a niche because they are more reliable and because many graphics programs ( photoshop etc) were native to(written specifically for) mac. Work retouching a large file photo for a couple hours on your PC then tell me how it feels to have the machine freeze on you. It is perhaps exactly because of market share that 99.9% of malicious viruses are written to attack windows.
I guess for netsurfing there isn;t much difference, until that attack comes along, then, good luck to you
I'm not much of a geek, but i know what works

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
All I know is that my work bought 4 of those Mini Macs to replace some aging G4's and G5's. 2 out of the 4 of them had to be returned because they had f'd up hard drives.

Aqua Sanctuary

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2007
The Internet
www.myspace.com
I game regularly, so for me it's PC.
I do like Macs. Just that Mac isn't even in the gaming market.

And for all the people who say macs are better than PC. I have never had a crash, BSOD, or any other common complaints from PC users. I build my comps myself, and set them up to run clean. All of the problems people complain about with PC are very easily prevented.

Death Pony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I have a mac. It's perfect for my artwork and related needs. PCs do have some nice programs that I can't run on my mac though.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
I heart my MAC and will never go PC ever again!

Thou I think only people who have had both should vote...

swede

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
ןɟ 'opuɐןɹo ɹɐǝu
if i had the money, i would buy a mac. I voted mac b/c i seriously will consider mac for my next machine

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store