Male Kenyi African Cichlid Juvenile has killed my entire tank.

CichlidKeeper01

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2017
Funny, I had a kenyi in with a group in my 30 gal before I upgraded to my 125 gal. The thing was a male and never saw any aggression. I kept waiting for the thing to get mean but it never happened.

Reactions: tlindsey

CichlidKeeper01

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2017
I can get you my one if you want a nasty 1. 2 inched gangsta, ha...
I think he might get eaten by my nimbochromis... I am looking to add some fish, lost a couple to what I determined was just some compatibility issues. Might pick one up.

vinnie coyle

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2018
Ireland
I think he might get eaten by my nimbochromis... I am looking to add some fish, lost a couple to what I determined was just some compatibility issues. Might pick one up.
They are definitely characters, would have loved to have kept the wee guy but didn't have a big enough spare tank to keep him...

I'll get a big tank some day, as I still want an African cichlid tank, might try haps & peacocks next. Do you have many fish in your 125g? Much aggression?

CichlidKeeper01

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2017
They are definitely characters, would have loved to have kept the wee guy but didn't have a big enough spare tank to keep him...

I'll get a big tank some day, as I still want an African cichlid tank, might try haps & peacocks next. Do you have many fish in your 125g? Much aggression?
I have probably 25 to 30 cichlids, and a group of 6 clown loaches and 5 Synodontis Eupterus in my 6 foor 125. I am suprised that my stock list has worked, got some stuff that probably shouldn't be together (got 2 JDs in with the Africans) . Might end up paying for it, but so far it is working. I would have close to twenty cichlids, but my bumble bee and cobalt blues ended up successfully spawning so now I have an extra 2 or three cobalt blues and 4 or 5 extra bumble bees. Looking at moving the juveniles and picking up a couple more species. The aggression in my tank is normal to a cichlid tank, someones always fighting but for the most part its peaceful. I think your going to see more aggression if you try to mix incompatible fish, like peacocks and mbuna. So far, for me at least, mbuna and haps is working well. But that may just be because of my individual fish.

vinnie coyle

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2018
Ireland
I have probably 25 to 30 cichlids, and a group of 6 clown loaches and 5 Synodontis Eupterus in my 6 foor 125. I am suprised that my stock list has worked, got some stuff that probably shouldn't be together (got 2 JDs in with the Africans) . Might end up paying for it, but so far it is working. I would have close to twenty cichlids, but my bumble bee and cobalt blues ended up successfully spawning so now I have an extra 2 or three cobalt blues and 4 or 5 extra bumble bees. Looking at moving the juveniles and picking up a couple more species. The aggression in my tank is normal to a cichlid tank, someones always fighting but for the most part its peaceful. I think your going to see more aggression if you try to mix incompatible fish, like peacocks and mbuna. So far, for me at least, mbuna and haps is working well. But that may just be because of my individual fish.
Sounds like a nice tank to me.. best of luck with it....

JDs are one of my fav fish,. My friend has a lovely male. That's what got me wanting a tank...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store