Massive African Tank Species Choices?

Blaker

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2006
Toronto
I'm at a loss. What to do with 24 ft. 1100 gallon aquarium? Thinking maybe africans. That will breed in the tank and grow out in the tank. Big, colorful, vegetarians.

Any ideas?

freeskierrocket

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2005
SouthEast, PA, USA
Blaker;623820; said:
I'm at a loss. What to do with 24 ft. 1100 gallon aquarium? Thinking maybe africans. That will breed in the tank and grow out in the tank. Big, colorful, vegetarians.

Any ideas?
:WHOA:
Haven't you asked this Q multiple times in diff fourms and recieved multiple answers???? just asking??? And if not you disreguard:D ...................it's just that there has been a whole bunch of stocking Q's about a 24' 1100 gal tank and pretty much every combination has been adressed!!!...........from snakeheads and asian aros to monster africans to shoaling fish!!!

good luck with that huge tank btw!!!:popcorn: ;)

and hell yeah go african!!!!!!....can you say fronts , calvus...tropheus!!!!:headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
f*ck it just stick a couple emporers in there and call it a day..

Blaker

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2006
Toronto
Yeah I've posted similar question. The difference here is this question is about an all african mix. Maybe a tank that self sustains by having babies grow up and replace losses. I'm really at a loss with all the possibilities for this tank.

xxt2goodxx

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2005
www.myspace.com
freeskierrocket;623830; said:
:WHOA:
Haven't you asked this Q multiple times in diff fourms and recieved multiple answers???? just asking??? And if not you disreguard:D ...................it's just that there has been a whole bunch of stocking Q's about a 24' 1100 gal tank and pretty much every combination has been adressed!!!...........from snakeheads and asian aros to monster africans to shoaling fish!!!

good luck with that huge tank btw!!!:popcorn: ;)

and hell yeah go african!!!!!!....can you say fronts , calvus...tropheus!!!!:headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2
YEA FRONTS CALVUS AND TROPHEUS!!! you have good taste sir!! haha

Scotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2005
George, South Africa
I would suggest an all Malawi cichlid tank. There is a tank, of similar water volume, here in George, South Africa, and this guy has numerous mbuna and others that live as if they were in the Lake. Absolutely stunning to see. Actually rather mesmerising!
Glass, walls at the back and sides, is 3cm thick.
What is the depth and width of your tank?
The list of Malawi's for this size tank is endless.
Pseudtropheus Elongatus mpanga; Pseudotropheus crabro; Pseudotropheus elongatus "chewere; Nimbochromis livinstonii; Pseudotropheus acei; Melanochromis maingano; Melanochromis auratus; Metriaclima aurora; Metriaclima callainos; Labidochromis caeruleus; Cyrtocara moorii; Labeotropheus fuelleborni; Cynotilapia species;Metriaclima hajomaylandia; Metriaclima Barlowi; Metriaclima estherae; Pseudotropheus socolofi; Melanochromis chipokae; Pseudotropheus saulosi; Metriaclima lombardoi; Pseudotropheus heteropictus; Tropheops yellow cheek.
But to name a few. I have all the above but am a little far from where you are.
Good luck with acquiring the fish you need to fill this tank.
Post some pic's of the tank.:naughty: :headbang2 :ROFL: :nilly:

SphericalCube

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2006
Arlington, Tx
goomba.predatoryfish.net
How about a family of mer-people? That would fill your monster tank. Seriously though if you want something self sustaining and even able to make some money go with some high quality frontosas.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store