Jan 22, 2010
Montreal, Quebec

superleggera123

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2009
Toronto
Freezekougra;4274034; said:
got this response in 30 minutes...maybe not what you guys were looking for, but seeing the speed of the response, you can probably get good answers to your questions by emailing customer service.

Benson - thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your concern about the comments made by a competitor who is notorious for spreading lies and half truths to put the product he sells in Canada in a better light. We refuse to respond to such diatribe and prefer to let the products speak for themselves. When you're trying to be something you are not the easiest way is to bad mouth the leader. Does NLS conduct any lab work on fish nutrition or the impact of the ingredients they use in their product, no. Are they involved in any breeding of any type of fish so they can see the impact of their diet on the parent fish and the offspring, no. Do they have a formulation team that actually spends tireless hours verifying the ingredients area meaningful and developing processes to convert those ingredients in to more usable nutrients for the fish, no. I could go on and on, but it's a waste of time. We get a huge number of emails and phone calls monthly from consumers with legitimate questions and answer most of them handled within 24 hours during our work week. We can't take time away from our consumer base to respond to competitors trying to spread hate and discontent. If we wanted to stoop to that level we have plenty of research data on competitive products developed from a science-based perspective and not a marketing angle that we could use to really shine a bright light on some of these inferior products. We're a Japanese company and honor and respect is more important than anything!
HAHA DAMMNNN hikari gave the best response ever LMFAO
im going to buy massivore just because of that lol.
but in all honestly
nothing beats hikari
i dont care what ppl say about NLS.. its sucks.. my fish HATE it and thats that
when weaning of cichla from live.. hikari is the only thing they will take for me alteast.. not even my plecos eat nls
o and when it comes to beta carotene, hikari has the highest amount and not to mention vitamins..
hikari is the hands down best.. just ask LI aka neoprodigy.

Reactions: Fish rescue

HikariSalesUSA

M.A.N. Community Sponsor
MFK Member
Community Sponsor
Jan 31, 2010
Sorry to everyone on this post for not responding sooner, but the reasons may seem more apparent with some of the additional posts and the email that was posted which while not intended to be posted non-the-less does clarify the reason for not responding to the original question. Additionally, we had a glitch with the alert process which has now been corrected. We spend lots of time and money researching fish nutrition and developing meaningful diets. If a competitor does not have the information needed to produce a quality product it is not the job of Hikari to provide them information to improve their products. For all the additional posters here please remember one important point when it comes to ingredients. Hikari's approach to any diet formulation is to provide the best overall nutritional offering for the specific fish (species specific) which will allow them their best chance at a health filled life while reducing the waste which can adversly impact their enviroment. The relative rank of the ingredients, unless you have the actual recipe and ingredient profile in front of you, is not a good indicator of a diet's quality or composition. It is more imortant to judge the quality by the performance of that diet over time. Companies like Hikari, that invest considerable sums of money in in-the-field research, ingredient formulation and processing to optimize nutrient performance, feeding trials to verify the results meet the expectation of the diet and ongoing research to constantly improve a diet whenever possible, as well as ongoing feeding to parent fish and their offspring to judge the long term impact, have built a reputation on performance, and real nutritional science. Furthermore, the texture of the pellet is important too to help the fish take it as their primary food. Hikari was the first company in the world to develop a pan-cake-like pellet (the technology Massivore Delite utilizes) to make the product more efficient and effective when fed to these big guys because the texture is more like a live creature. The comment about carnivores not eating starch is actually not factually correct. Carnivores, like most other fishes of the wild eat a varied mix of ingredients natural to their habitat. While fish parts and crustaceans may be a larger portion of their daily intake, algaes, plants and other materials in the water are also eaten along with them. Our job at Hikari is to try to develop a diet that will help them look like they do in the wild, using ingredients that will not adversly impact their health with time. In the case of Massivore Delite(R) we have accomplished that and the look of the thousands of fish who's owners have sent us pictures reaffirms the food does what it was developed to do.

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire

superleggera123

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2009
Toronto
HikariSalesUSA;4286542; said:
Sorry to everyone on this post for not responding sooner, but the reasons may seem more apparent with some of the additional posts and the email that was posted which while not intended to be posted non-the-less does clarify the reason for not responding to the original question. Additionally, we had a glitch with the alert process which has now been corrected. We spend lots of time and money researching fish nutrition and developing meaningful diets. If a competitor does not have the information needed to produce a quality product it is not the job of Hikari to provide them information to improve their products. For all the additional posters here please remember one important point when it comes to ingredients. Hikari's approach to any diet formulation is to provide the best overall nutritional offering for the specific fish (species specific) which will allow them their best chance at a health filled life while reducing the waste which can adversly impact their enviroment. The relative rank of the ingredients, unless you have the actual recipe and ingredient profile in front of you, is not a good indicator of a diet's quality or composition. It is more imortant to judge the quality by the performance of that diet over time. Companies like Hikari, that invest considerable sums of money in in-the-field research, ingredient formulation and processing to optimize nutrient performance, feeding trials to verify the results meet the expectation of the diet and ongoing research to constantly improve a diet whenever possible, as well as ongoing feeding to parent fish and their offspring to judge the long term impact, have built a reputation on performance, and real nutritional science. Furthermore, the texture of the pellet is important too to help the fish take it as their primary food. Hikari was the first company in the world to develop a pan-cake-like pellet (the technology Massivore Delite utilizes) to make the product more efficient and effective when fed to these big guys because the texture is more like a live creature. The comment about carnivores not eating starch is actually not factually correct. Carnivores, like most other fishes of the wild eat a varied mix of ingredients natural to their habitat. While fish parts and crustaceans may be a larger portion of their daily intake, algaes, plants and other materials in the water are also eaten along with them. Our job at Hikari is to try to develop a diet that will help them look like they do in the wild, using ingredients that will not adversly impact their health with time. In the case of Massivore Delite(R) we have accomplished that and the look of the thousands of fish who's owners have sent us pictures reaffirms the food does what it was developed to do.
Well said hikari!
im going to buy 4 bags of massivore now :D

Options

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
superleggera123;4286645; said:
Well said hikari!
im going to buy 4 bags of massivore now :D
LOL go for it dude!

Chromobotia

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2008
Southeastern PA
:iagree: Nice response. I like their products, too bad my fish don't seem to be into it as much as they once did. My fish would once go nuts for Massivore but these days they seem more luke warm to it.

Reactions: Krismo962

Options

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
I believe both NLS and Hikari offer quality products. When i kept ca/sa cichlids in the past i fed hikari bio gold and massivore and had great results. All of my tanks house african cichlids and i feed NLS exclusively and am very pleased with the colors of my fish. Both companies are great IMHO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store