mfk problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

buck_wildest

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Tampa, FL
Im not really trying to start a fight, but its getting old fast.

I havent broken any laws or said anything that can get the forum in trouble but still i have had about 4 post deleted and 1 edited.

Worst I have said was someone was a liar. Plain simple no other names called. Theres nothing wrong with that in my book. But still my post was edited. I didnt want to say what the edited post said, or i wouldnt have waisted the time to post it. I was simply stating the obviose that the dude was a flat out liar. And yes I was pissed cause i didnt realise it until I waisted 5 minutes of my life readying his crap. Acctually more of an effort to save someone elses 5 minutes. lol.

So whats the deal with the censorship? Ive been on numerous other forums and never have I had a post edited. Someone point me too the right sticky of what not to say :) Im I suposed to ignore the BS I see? Anyone else have this problem?

Anyways im new here and love the site, and have probably have spent a hundred hours here in the lat few months. So go easy on me :eek:

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Lol, 24 of my 58 PMs are edited deleted or closed, oh, and warnings or infractions. And thats in the last 2 or 3 weeks.

unstopable4700

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
indiana
the bot! he is always watching. not gonna say you should grip but if so a mod would have closed your thread ask them in pm not open forum. this will probably get closed too. so keep your issuse private instead of open forum.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
thats just life on MFK. most posts that derail a thread get deleted. you learn to live with it after a while

buck_wildest

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Tampa, FL
Why cant it be on an open forum. I didnt say anything bad, no discrimination, just said I had a problem with this site and trying to figure it out. Im not going to hide anything and I dont belive this type of thread should be private. Cause private pms make it seem personal. I dont have a problem withanyone cause I cant see who is editing lol. And i doubt a bot can selectivly edit a post. If this is closed i wuld appreciate a explination. Not froma autobot pm..... :)

pcfriedrich

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
North Central Florida
jcardona1;2231367; said:
thats just life on MFK. most posts that derail a thread get deleted. you learn to live with it after a while

yeah, I wouldn't get upset over deleted or edited posts.

just live and learn. try to avoid making posts that may get deleted or edited.

don't wanna get banned...

buck_wildest

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Tampa, FL
jcardona1;2231367; said:

I just dont understand the reasoning behind that. Why not let the users chat. I mean isnt that what it all about? I wouldnt be able to ignore the fact that somone is changing my words, id rather it just be deleted.

pcfriedrich

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
North Central Florida
buck_wildest;2231387; said:
I just dont understand the reasoning behind that. Why not let the users chat. I mean isnt that what it all about? I wouldnt be able to ignore the fact that somone is changing my words, id rather it just be deleted.

LOL. I had a post edited once where they changed my word to "sweetie" or "honey" or something like that.

I found it kinda humurous.

in the end, its just a fish website. don't take it too seriously. but remember, there are rules. breaking them leads to conciquences, the least of which is having a post edited or deleted.

unstopable4700

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
indiana
you will see which mod closes, gives infractions, etc. if the bot moves you its the bot.

smijeha

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2008
no where
its not an autobot. the mods can choose to be anomonyous when they delete, close, or edit post. they dont have to give a reason. their reasoning is so that it saves them the hasstle of explaining it. well whats more of a pain, editing a thread/post and letting the poster know whats wrong or deleteing a whole thread like this and then going into it with pms or more threads asking why. there is no freedom of speech here on mfk. let that be a learned lesson. politics and religion are also off limit topics.

i feel your pain. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store