More tank pics, updated

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
I read a few pages back about Rex getting pinned by Boss--Wow. Is that happening often. That's cool that Chip came in for a pet and is watching the Brick pet. Tango and Cash--I seem to remember that being a TV show a number of years ago. One that you liked. Was Kurt Russel in it? Now am curious and will have to look it up. Great Pics.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
She has beautiful color, like a living fish flower. Imagine a Grove of them Artist.
It's amazing how her color will change! She literally looks like a paradise fish when she's "hot pink". About a week out from laying eggs she gets all "patchy" like someone dabbed her with a paintbrush. When she lays eggs she's literally ice pink and very pale.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
I read a few pages back about Rex getting pinned by Boss--Wow. Is that happening often. That's cool that Chip came in for a pet and is watching the Brick pet. Tango and Cash--I seem to remember that being a TV show a number of years ago. One that you liked. Was Kurt Russel in it? Now am curious and will have to look it up. Great Pics.
The Tango and Cash deal was a fluke! Tango because of the color (a play on the orange drink Tang) and Cash because I thought it sounded cool.

I'll have to do some research now...

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Thankfully that was a one and done deal. The catfish pretty much stay around the filters and hide. If they swim out in the open too much they get attacked.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Order is restored (or as much order as you can have with cichlids)

Tango is in another tank . Haven't decided what to do with him yet.

Everything is back to normal. Chip is trying to act tough with Boss. Boss humors him then shoves him around.

Brick is the good cop / bad cop

Boss has a brief playtime with Rex's head

Brick chases Chip for hovering too much

Patch is nesting again. Her tube is out and she's ready to go. I wish there was an off switch for her eggmaker. But she's good with a fresh tank of water so I figure she'll be in her 'house' the next 3 or 4 days. Her nuchal hump is once again huge and her color is neon. When she lays she turns nearly white.

Kong's tank had an odd buildup of brown algae. Gone now. It was making his tank dark. Been awhile since I've seen a bloom like this.

Tango appears to be pissed at me. Too bad.

Brick is living large, rolling in the green plants and making tunnels. He likes hovering near the powerheads so they blow his tail around.

Last edited:

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Small news.

Brick is now eating pellets again. Nothing like 4 empty belly days to bring the "King" back to earth. I still have Tango...may set him up in the small office. Had to order pellets today...completely out of everything!

Patch finished another batch of eggs. All else status quo.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store