More tank pics, updated

Wideglide04

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2022
NE Alabama
Can you show a pic? Sounds like you may catch whatever is going on early. I'm kinda depressed about Bobo so I'll help if I can.
My camera is busted so its not clear, but I'll try tomorrow when my daughters are home. The entire left nostril is a white pimple like people would get. I've saw a little excrete from it like pus tbh. It's seems smaller today and I can actually see the nostril hole today after 2 days of 80% wcs.

Wideglide04

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2022
NE Alabama
Ik your upset and I'm sorry for that. Didnt mean to derail, just saying we all go thru something when their kept in a closed system like aquariums. Sucks since I've never dealt with any serious issues really...

Reactions: FINWIN

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
My camera is busted so its not clear, but I'll try tomorrow when my daughters are home. The entire left nostril is a white pimple like people would get. I've saw a little excrete from it like pus tbh. It's seems smaller today and I can actually see the nostril hole today after 2 days of 80% wcs.
Sounds like you're on the right track with the water changes. Those type of eruptions always burst and the main thing is to watch for secondary infection. You can start with salt (3% water volume). If your parrot is still eating that's good. Keep up the extreme water changes it helps to keep bacteria down in the water column. Also clean your mechanical filtration each time. Don't touch the biological filtration.

Reactions: Wideglide04

Wideglide04

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2022
NE Alabama
Sounds like you're on the right track with the water changes. Those type of eruptions always burst and the main thing is to watch for secondary infection. You can start with salt (3% water volume). If your parrot is still eating that's good. Keep up the extreme water changes it helps to keep bacteria down in the water column. Also clean your mechanical filtration each time. Don't touch the biological filtration.
Thanks for the tips, I'll certainly try. With the salt, can I just dip him in a bucket? Ive got plants and snails that I don't want to wipe out if possible.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Sure. You can even put him in a treatment bucket with an air stone or two. This way you can give constant fresh water/salt/meds as needed. I usually add a skim of substrate too and a floating plant to reduce stress. Don't forget to add dechlorinator.

To prevent future outbreaks keep your tank water as clean as possible with water changes. Also clear storage tubs are great as temporary tanks. They will bow with water pressure over 18 gallons but if you double them it isn't a problem. Plus they're cheap and easy to set up: airstone (s), sponge filter, skim of substrate and a hiding spot or two. Floating plants. I always get the tops too and just place them on the lip.

Reactions: Wideglide04

Wideglide04

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2022
NE Alabama
Yep I'll have to swap out the bike for my suv to get everything lol. I think I'll copy your setup so as not to stress him too much. Thanks for that and I'll get a photo of him after work

Reactions: FINWIN

Wideglide04

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2022
NE Alabama
Heres Happy after 4 80% wc's. Its about the same size as before but doesn't look as much like a pimple now (less pus) Maybe idk... Also hes acting like his usual self activity wise, eating and bullying the rest. Going to get supplies now and copy your hospital tank. Thanks

IMG_20220919_171739.jpg

IMG_20220919_171733.jpg

IMG_20220919_171726.jpg

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store