Moved the bichirs to the 100 gallon... what to expect?

Sarahmander

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2018
San Diego
Hey guys, I just moved my three bichirs from their 45 gal to a 100 gal that has the same water parameters as theirs and is the same temp. I have been running it for a few months with some tester fish to make sure the bacteria is doing its thing. Just drip acclimated them and then released them (about 30 mins ago). All three seem to be gasping at the bottom and shedding their slime coat... I added Seachem Stressguard and turned the lights down. Is this just normal stress from the move, or should I worried?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Yeah i think your good to go. Give them a few days to get accustomed to the change in scenery. I wouldnt even add the stress gaurd anymore. These fish are rock solid for the most part

Sarahmander

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2018
San Diego
Yeah i think your good to go. Give them a few days to get accustomed to the change in scenery. I wouldnt even add the stress gaurd anymore. These fish are rock solid for the most part
Okay thank you. I'm just emotionally attached to them so I worry a lot. I know they couldn't have been around since the dinosaurs without being at least a little hardy....

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Okay thank you. I'm just emotionally attached to them so I worry a lot. I know they couldn't have been around since the dinosaurs without being at least a little hardy....
No worries. I do the same exact thing. The last poly i purchased shed like crazy, i started a thread just to make sure i wasnt missing anything.

Reactions: clm08k

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
They have calmed down a little and my albino has started exploring.
Good to hear.

Would love to see a pic of them chilling in the 100g when you get the chance. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store