Murderer on the loose

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
from what I've read if sharks are well fed they will be peaceful and mind their own business. If a trigger or puffer is well fed it still might decide to go on a killing rampage. I'd put my money on a trigger or puffer - no way to tell which though.

Your set up must cost tens of thousands of dollars - why don't you just set up a web cam and record it so you can catch it in the act, they're like $100.

Urban Kaoboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2018
from what I've read if sharks are well fed they will be peaceful and mind their own business. If a trigger or puffer is well fed it still might decide to go on a killing rampage. I'd put my money on a trigger or puffer - no way to tell which though.

Your set up must cost tens of thousands of dollars - why don't you just set up a web cam and record it so you can catch it in the act, they're like $100.
Any that you’d recommend? I do need to do that.

Urban Kaoboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2018
My guess would be a trigger, they can be mean sob's
Well, my string of losses started when I brought back my female crosshatch trigger from a rehab tank. She previously got her ass kicked by a sargassum I got. When she came back, it seemed like maybe she took revenge because 6 of my 9 triggers died within a month. But since then I’ve started losing other fish that previously got along with everyone, like my yellow and sohal tangs and now my blue face.

johnny potatoes

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2010
Dewey
Well, my string of losses started when I brought back my female crosshatch trigger from a rehab tank. She previously got her ass kicked by a sargassum I got. When she came back, it seemed like maybe she took revenge because 6 of my 9 triggers died within a month. But since then I’ve started losing other fish that previously got along with everyone, like my yellow and sohal tangs and now my blue face.

Sounds like you have the answer

Urban Kaoboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2018
Sounds like you have the answer
The reason I’m doubting it’s the crosshatch is because they’re not supposed to be huge *******s from what I’ve read. Also, I would think the dead fish would have signs of trigger bites. Instead my recent casualties (my blue face and my sohal tang) have been perfectly healthy (two of my most aggressive fish) and have died with no other signs of injury.

johnny potatoes

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2010
Dewey
The reason I’m doubting it’s the crosshatch is because they’re not supposed to be huge *******s from what I’ve read. Also, I would think the dead fish would have signs of trigger bites. Instead my recent casualties (my blue face and my sohal tang) have been perfectly healthy (two of my most aggressive fish) and have died with no other signs of injury.
Well if you still have a rehab tank you can use process of elimination. Take the most likely suspect and remove him, if it continues try another.

krull

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2018
That is one of the most awesome salt water tanks i have seen, awesome stuff man! love it!!!!

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store