My arowana is not eating

mohit arun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2018
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have bought a violet fusion red arowana 5 days ago. it is around 8 inches. I have bought it from a reputed seller in the United Kingdom.

He said that he was feeding the arowana some cooked prawns. For the past 5 days time he has not been feeding at all. I have offered him cooked prawns and he refuses it. He has also refused hikari sticks that I have offered. He otherwise appears to be in good health in the tank. The tank parameters are within normal limits. I would like to try and pellet train him as well.

Can someone please advise and help.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
try live baby frogs?

my aro was on feeder when i first got it... i tried first with frogs and then convert to market prawn easily

Reactions: mohit arun

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Aro will eat when ready so just offer a couple of Hikari floating food sticks every day but remove food if refused. Tbh never heard of prawn being cooked prior to feeding.

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have bought a violet fusion red arowana 5 days ago. it is around 8 inches. I have bought it from a reputed seller in the United Kingdom.

He said that he was feeding the arowana some cooked prawns. For the past 5 days time he has not been feeding at all. I have offered him cooked prawns and he refuses it. He has also refused hikari sticks that I have offered. He otherwise appears to be in good health in the tank. The tank parameters are within normal limits. I would like to try and pellet train him as well.

Can someone please advise and help.

The prawns were probably uncooked. fish tend to stray away from cooked foods for one reason or another.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Actually when I defrost my market prawn I will fill the bowl with 50% tap water and 50% boiling water..the prawns are slightly orange...my aro has no issues eating

Our tap water is potable

mohit arun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2018
Aro will eat when ready so just offer a couple of Hikari floating food sticks every day but remove food if refused. Tbh never heard of prawn being cooked prior to feeding.
actually we do get cooked and peeled prawns at the groceries and that is what the seller meant

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store