My Betta.macrostoma log

Pred-Finatic

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2016
Canada
Forgot to post this 2 days ago, but I ended up losing one of my juvenile Betta.macrostoma males (No.2)

During a water change, I removed my lids so I could wipe down the walls of my tank. Half way through, I went to grab a drink, but ended up dropping a cup on my floor which shattered. In my panicked state, I forgot to close the lids on my tank, before I started to clean the broken glass off the floor.
I believe it was during this time that my male No.2 jumped out the tank (all Macs were in the tank prior to me accidentally dropping the cup on the floor).
Once the mess on the floor was taken care of, I finished the rest of the tank maintenance and went off to bed.

Upon turning on the aquarium lights in the morning, noticed there were only 3 Macs in the tank. Checked around tank and found the missing male dried up behind the tank stand.
The outside of Mac was dried, but the body was sti soft and had a bit of flexibility to it, so I thought maybe if I placed it back in the tank (in a fry catcher with an airstone) I could somehow revive him. Pretty dumb of me, but at that moment in time I still couldn't believe I lost one of my macs.

Truly big mess up on my part, and definitely serves as a reminder to also have my lids closed when I'm not attending to the tank.
I did message the breeder and told him what had happened, and fortunately he still had some males in stock. Got in touch with the Canadian transhipper, who was nice enough to drop 2 new males off to me the following morning.
Definitely going to miss the little guy. Out of the 2 males I origiballu got, this guy wasn't camera shy, had the brighter colours and pattern, and had a very lively personality.
Here's 2 pictures below showing the juvenile male mac I lost.

While he was still alive

When I had the partially dried remains in the floating fry box.

Pred-Finatic

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2016
Canada
Some updated shots of the group. Changed the smoked glass panels lids out for clear ones to allow more light into the tank while taking these pictures.

Juvenile female No.2

Juvenile female No.1

Juvenile male No.1 (the remaining male of the original 2 I bought)

Pred-Finatic

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2016
Canada
Pictures of the 2 new males I received yesterday morning.

Larger of the 2 new males, about 2.25".

Smaller of the 2 new males, measuring in at only 1.75"

Larger male of the 2 new juvenile Betta.macrostoma males I got yesterday.

Pred-Finatic

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2016
Canada
Wild caught pair of Betta.macrostoma Marudi arrived early Monday morning!
Absolutely gorgeous pair, really looking forward to working with these jewels! :)
Here's a few pictures of the pair, when I first received them.

Male - 3.25"
Female - 3"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store