my CA cichlids

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
I do agree with Neil here and I hope I'm wrong Adam. I think you are probably sitting on a time bomb with some of your fish, especially the flower horn and the Texas.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Yeah not to be Debbie Downer, but IMO the chances of this working out long term is slim to none. The FH is very nice, and I have kept several over the years so I am not a hater of FH, but the reality is it is already beginning to set up camp, and stake territory. That territory will only keep expanding as the fish grow, and mature. There is a reason why one does not commonly see FH being kept in cichlid comm tanks. Good luck.

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Yeah, I'm aware of the risks. I spend a lot of time watching the tank. I'll act if I need to. So far it's mostly peaceful. In fact the carpintis and FH seem to get along fine. The carpintis does chase the snooks a bit, but it's not over the top, and they don't seem in any way stressed. The FH doesn't bother anyone, but he does get a little feisty at feeding time. I've noticed the other fish follow the FH around a lot. He's like the leader of the pack.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Everything is always peaceful, when fish are juveniles. It's when the fish reach sexual maturity that things often start falling apart. I only mention this as your question in post #14 seemed fairly entry level to me, regarding the behaviour of cichlids.

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Snooks.

These guys are doing great. Love the colors and patterning on them. It's doesn't show up much in pictures, but in person they have a silverish metallic sheen.

Haven't grown much, but they're taking Bug Bites like a champ. Rather picky eater though. They don't even eat bloodworms. Their tails were a little ragged on the end when I got them, but they're looking good now, so that's a good sign.

No real urgency right now, but I'll have to decide if I want to keep these guys long term. They weren't part of my original plans for this project. It was kind of a spontaneous thing, taking advantage of an opportunity that came available locally. They're not getting bullied as of now, but I am worried that later on they might because they are definitely a less aggressive fish.

snooks.jpg

Reactions: Toiletcar
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store