My cichlids

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Did you get rid of the istlanum? I think istlanums are my favorite. Id love to be able to get a green for the rarity but the red are stunning. Very underrated
I did sell the istlanum due to a move months back, not wanting to have to move with live fish. I agree they are a great species to keep, I will probably have another in the future

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Wow he is a stunner.
He is gorgeous!

Love the Mexican river tank too.
Thanks guys, I agree that panamensis is one of my favorite fish I've kept
And the "Mexican river" is kind of just a Mexican tank now that Im not doing that rocky hardscape, can keep calling it that though lmao

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Got a new video of the panamensis and his home. He is living at my parents' house now, which explains the random assortment of tankmates (would have stuck to swordtails myself).
Have a vague goal of setting up a 6' tank in a couple years and keeping all of the centrals I have grown out together. This guy will probably stay here until that happens.

Will have to get a video up of my thoricthys and theraps tank next. happy new years to everyone reading!

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
He really is a stunner. How come you moved him.
Thanks Dan! Didn't want to move to DC with fish, but didn't want to get rid of this guy. I was leaving the 45 running with my pops, so it worked out that he could stay in NJ. Also wanted some new fish, and didn't think he would work with the thoricthys and theraps in the 50g I have them in. But I think in like a 180+ with lots of cover, they could probably all be fine together, that's my hope anyway

Reactions: dan518 and Jexnell
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store