My Congicus and Ornate growout

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Yeah you can see it in 7th pic down. Did you notice if it was like that when it came in? I wonder if it was damaged in the process of catching or shipping. Is it lacking any motor function in the back half? Defecating? From pics it looks like it all works.

Reactions: clm08k

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Yeah you can see it in 7th pic down. Did you notice if it was like that when it came in? I wonder if it was damaged in the process of catching or shipping. Is it lacking any motor function in the back half? Defecating? From pics it looks like it all works.
Definitely was not like this when I got it a month ago. Fish has been acting the same everyday. Eating like a beast.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Ive seen it in other fish types like danios. Genetic or sometimes nutritional deficiencies. I had a bunch of long fin leopard danios like 20 of them probably 5 developed it. They seemed fine the other fish kinda picked on them a bit but nothing too bad. They did die before the others but most of them lived to around 3 years. Life expectancy is 2-3 on most danios . I read a lot on it then and not really sure as to which is more prevalent genetic or nutrition, both seemed to play a roll. Are they eating a good pellet? what we offer for food isn't as good as they'd get in the wild singly, need to add the vitamins.

Reactions: moe214 and clm08k

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Hao, those ornates are beautiful! Congis look great too. Colors are coming in marvelously. Any updates on the bent spine causes?

Reactions: Hao

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Is there a proper way to catch and move the fish into another tank without injuring them? (Referring to in home netting..not shipping process).

What vitamins do you give your polys?

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Ive seen it in other fish types like danios. Genetic or sometimes nutritional deficiencies. I had a bunch of long fin leopard danios like 20 of them probably 5 developed it. They seemed fine the other fish kinda picked on them a bit but nothing too bad. They did die before the others but most of them lived to around 3 years. Life expectancy is 2-3 on most danios . I read a lot on it then and not really sure as to which is more prevalent genetic or nutrition, both seemed to play a roll. Are they eating a good pellet? what we offer for food isn't as good as they'd get in the wild singly, need to add the vitamins.
I've been feeding them massivores since day 1 and added tilapia about 2 weeks ago. I have kept numerous amount of wild caught bichirs and I have never encountered bent spine on a wild caught bichir before. This is the first time. :oops:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store