My Congicus and Ornate growout

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Is there a proper way to catch and move the fish into another tank without injuring them? (Referring to in home netting..not shipping process).

What vitamins do you give your polys?
I just net them. My albino lets me pic her up all the way out of the water no struggle at all. shes going to be great to move. Dels are spazzes I'm gonna get soaked. Just in the catch process in the wild its a little more brutal I think/ have seen, and shipping those numb nuts don't care or pay attention. The ws order I got a few weeks ago I had shipped to work, the guy brought it in the building and tossed it yes tossed it on the counter. I realize its an auto parts store but did you read the label at all? As for vitamins nothing in particular, I feed high quality pellets at all feedings in conjunction with something high protein. I usually use spectrum pellets with thera a. Everyone eats the pellets. I have used the powdered vitamin c in the water before don't remember the does though. Seemed good for the fish at least didn't hurt them.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I've been feeding them massivores since day 1 and added tilapia about 2 weeks ago. I have kept numerous amount of wild caught bichirs and I have never encountered bent spine on a wild caught bichir before. This is the first time. :oops:
Ive never heard of it in bichirs at all....first time. Danios, tetras, barbs, rainbows mostly. That's why I wondered if it was an injury and if it was like that when you got it. Only treatment ive found is good quality high vitamin foods or if breeding Cull it ( not the way id go).

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Ive never heard of it in bichirs at all....first time. Danios, tetras, barbs, rainbows mostly. That's why I wondered if it was an injury and if it was like that when you got it. Only treatment ive found is good quality high vitamin foods or if breeding Cull it ( not the way id go).
Bent spine is much more common in CB bichirs (especially Endlis)

Reactions: Polyaddict86

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Maybe far fetched but googled bent spine in fish and fish tb came up. Apprently its a symptom doubt this is the vase though

Reactions: clm08k

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Maybe far fetched but googled bent spine in fish and fish tb came up. Apprently its a symptom doubt this is the vase though
I don't think it's TB either. Could have been injury but not sure how?? No signs of like bruising or anything.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Its the only thing that i foind when searching but doubt it.

Maybe it tried to jump and smashed its spined

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Its the only thing that i foind when searching but doubt it.

Maybe it tried to jump and smashed its spined
From my experience with polys, I've rarely had them jump. I've only encountered that when my tank was bare with no décor/no sand/no nothing. Otherwise, they don't freak out too easily(Even when I net them, still calm). I have floating fake plants so they just chill in there if they do feel insecure. But if they were to jump, damage would be on the snout, considering they go head first.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Ive had quite a few jumpers. Teug slammed the lids yesterday. But yup wpuld see damage on the head or snout.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store