My fish room finally starting to come together 01-09-2011

Ray'Oconner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2010
Singapore
Great Job with the cats.. still looking as gd as ever.. when is the next big setup coming..?? its been some time since the 600 yeah..?? i still remember you laying down in the empty tank.. hope you guys get the new pond soon.. :)

GOAT13

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2010
US
Amazing looking tanks and the cat tank is huge! I have a RTCxTSN and so far he is growing 3"+ a month I got him at a 1" and in 2 months time he is now at 8-9" Yours looks amazing! My plan in an out door pond for him when I cant house it anymore. How old is yours?
That tank really just blows my mind! Great work!

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
super awesome that u moved for the last time
now tell us whats in that pond ?????

Garlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2010
Haliburton, Ontario. Canada
Your fish room is going to be amazing when its finished!!! Love your cats! How is that fibreglass pond holding up? and what is the pond lined with on the inside? ie paint, gel coat, some sort of rubber coating

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
Great looking Room.

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
very nice!! are you planning to do up a cabinet cover for the stand?

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
Amongst the Catfish & Plecos
Thank you everyone!!

fastfreddy;4782533; said:
Wow! Looks good Jen. Good to see your Big catfish recovered. Glad you and Eric are happy in your new home. I see you guys got a new puppy. Congratts.
Thanks. Were you here when my rtcxtsn was recovering from that horrible columnaris infection? Or are you referring to his earlier hunger strike? (Thinking about it the timing was probably right for either). Man I thought I was going to loose him. He went through a rough 4.5 months. I think it all started with internal parasites from those pbass. There was a lot of money (about $200 hundred dollars) in medication and time to get him through all that... But, it was worth it. He's a great fish.

And yes. The new little guy is Andy (Andrew). He's 4.5 months, and a great addition.

Ray'Oconner;4782587; said:
Great Job with the cats.. still looking as gd as ever.. when is the next big setup coming..?? its been some time since the 600 yeah..?? i still remember you laying down in the empty tank.. hope you guys get the new pond soon.. :)
Thanks. An indoor pond that will go where the 180/100 combo and the 600 gallon currently are is in planning stages. We needed to look into the construction of the garage, figure out design materials and cost, how permanent we really wanted it, and our current finances before it could get going. We're part of the way through all that. I've been researching. This is going to be , and a huge build for my husband and I. The cats are still growing, and I will probably need to eventually split up the cats and use the 385 gallon fiberglass pond to house the niger cats while this thing gets built. I'm shooting for about 3,000 gallons, but we'll see. It's a ways out.

GOAT13;4782783; said:
Amazing looking tanks and the cat tank is huge! I have a RTCxTSN and so far he is growing 3"+ a month I got him at a 1" and in 2 months time he is now at 8-9" Yours looks amazing! My plan in an out door pond for him when I cant house it anymore. How old is yours?
That tank really just blows my mind! Great work!
Thanks. My rtcxtsn is about 2.5 years old. He's got a great gold sheen to him. I can't wait to upgrade all these guys.

headbanger_jib;4782790; said:
super awesome that u moved for the last time
now tell us whats in that pond ?????
LOL. I was wondering when someone was going to ask. It's got an array of fish in there that are going to probably get moved around a bit today now that the discus tank is up. There are some flagtails, tin foils, knifefish, small koi, a large syno, and some other random stuff. It's musical tanks in my garage right now.

Garlover;4783380; said:
Your fish room is going to be amazing when its finished!!! Love your cats! How is that fibreglass pond holding up? and what is the pond lined with on the inside? ie paint, gel coat, some sort of rubber coating
It's got a very long way to go still. The fiberglass pond is coated with a gel coat. Its not filled all the way up as it needs to be reinforced. It's our next project. We're going to be pretty much doing a mini mockup of the big pond. It will have fiberglass insulation in between the wood beams and then be covered with a plywood skin. Then it will be plumbed into our 600 gallon.

amazonfishman;4783466; said:
The 600g is looking great, love that massive giraffe cat!
Thanks. Bernard is awesome, totally obnoxious, but awesome because of it.
Yeah, its probably a permanent move bar anything awful happening.

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
Amongst the Catfish & Plecos
xander;4783921; said:
very nice!! are you planning to do up a cabinet cover for the stand?
Yes, but the 385 gallon pond is first. And I'd kind of like to put the $ time and effort into doing the big pond before skinning that 600 gallon stand.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store