My Jerry rigged tap connection is kaput

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
So I have the type of tap where there is a housing around where everything screws in so I have to use an adapter to connect in. The thing I was using was some old plumbing part that I think was machined down or something so it would fit. Unfortunately that made it super thing and that part has turned to ribbon along the threads. i need to find a replacement, whenever I've been at the hardware store I haven't seen anything really close to this. Any ideas on what I might be able to do to replace this bit? I can't go back to the bucket life.
this is the faucet, the aerator screws into the black bit but the threads face in meaning the aerator is female the faucet is male
the aerator, as you can see. Female threads.
this is the "adapter" I was using. It was once much taller.

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
So for anyone else in my shoes it was easy, I just needed a "sink adapter for garden hose" part. I had looked a few times but didn't see anything that looked like it would fit. Always ask an employee is my rule going forward, they know better than me.

Reactions: Ihsnshaik

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
So for anyone else in my shoes it was easy, I just needed a "sink adapter for garden hose" part. I had looked a few times but didn't see anything that looked like it would fit. Always ask an employee is my rule going forward, they know better than me.
You're lucky I had to get an adaptor for my shower head much easier to do since my faucet is all fancy and don't feel like changing it out.

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
I totally know what you mean. The shower was my next option if I couldn't find this adapter, if I didn't live in an apartment I would have chose a sink and faucet with water changes in mind.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
yeah, the wife had me install a fancy faucet in our kitchen so no more there :(
I have been using the bathroom sink until a utility sink was her idea ;)
Now I am getting a big double sink put in the laundry room next week :)

Reactions: jamntoast

justin

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
FL
Lowes and home depot sell all kind of aerator/adaptor. Plumbing section by faucet repair

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store