My main tank setup

Slayer2533

Piranha
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
ROFL yeah it is an addiction
Yep why do poly's have to be so cool and so rare here? :mad: Someone send me over some of your rare LJ large growing species ;) lol. Just try not to get wrecked by customs as I am pretty sure importing poly's here is illegal lol.

Slayer2533

Piranha
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
So I picked up my second endli yesterday afternoon. Turns out he an inch or two bigger than my other endli. He is now my largest poly. I will post some pictures of him soon when he is feeling a bit better. The guy I bought him from had shutdown his main setup and was keeping him in a little breeding box in his smaller planted aquarium and he cut up his face a little on the sides..I am lucky I picked him up asap so he didn't get treated poorly anymore. He looks like he has the potential to become a monster. So far no poly drama's in my main tank with the two ornates, three senegals and now two endli's plus my other stock. His patterns are no where near as dark as my first endli who seems to be blind in one eye so has gone alot darker looks cool. This second guy is alot lighter in colour. Hopefully the endli's will be happy after being reunited in a much safer, better maintained and larger setup than they had previously known :)

Reactions: clm08k

Slayer2533

Piranha
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
Nice save
Thanks mate. This guy had a monster tank with rays etc which he recently shutdown cause he got bored.....Oh well his loss is my gain. Saving one endli who I am ok with being blind in one eye and a second who is a potential monster who I got at an amazing price for his size and rarity here he just needs some tlc in my clean well maintained tank and they both will be lookers and happy long term. I was reading on one of your other posts about different types / colours and traits of endli's from different regions. Looking at the pics of the first endli I posted any idea what region his genetics would originate from? (although he is probably captive bred)

Reactions: magpie and clm08k

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Thats cool and i bet they end up becoming your favirotes...knowing what their fate could have been had you not saved them.

Captive bred are impossible to tell. They could be removed from wild caught by many generations. That being said cb can be just as cool as wild caught with they're crazy disorganized patterns

Reactions: magpie and clm08k

Slayer2533

Piranha
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
So thought I would give you all an update everything has been pretty calm in the tank lately. The fish are just growing out and not many issues to report. My two endli's are healing up nicely now although my bigger lighter coloured endli still has some damage on his face from his last owners poor treatment of him. Here are some more pics for you guys to enjoy :) Also I think the lighter coloured endli and snakehead gudgeon are best buds lol.

View attachment 20170814_210403.jpg

View attachment 20170814_210417.jpg

View attachment 20170814_211204.jpg

20170814_211208.jpg

View attachment 20170814_211224.jpg

View attachment 20170814_211235.jpg

20170814_211246.jpg

View attachment 20170814_211303.jpg

View attachment 20170814_211319.jpg

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Thanks mate. This guy had a monster tank with rays etc which he recently shutdown cause he got bored.....Oh well his loss is my gain. Saving one endli who I am ok with being blind in one eye and a second who is a potential monster who I got at an amazing price for his size and rarity here he just needs some tlc in my clean well maintained tank and they both will be lookers and happy long term. I was reading on one of your other posts about different types / colours and traits of endli's from different regions. Looking at the pics of the first endli I posted any idea what region his genetics would originate from? (although he is probably captive bred)
Second what J jaws7777 said. Very happy to hear that you are taking those forelorn polys under your wing. Makes my heart smile. "No poly left behind." :) that is super kind of you. Watch those polys have great personalities. Do you know how the one got blind in one eye? Glad to hear everyone is healing up :) you are awesome!

Slayer2533

Piranha
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
Second what J jaws7777 said. Very happy to hear that you are taking those forelorn polys under your wing. Makes my heart smile. "No poly left behind." :) that is super kind of you. Watch those polys have great personalities. Do you know how the one got blind in one eye? Glad to hear everyone is healing up :) you are awesome!
Thanks for the kind words. The guy I bought him from said he thought it was from fighting when it was younger as it was in a tank with 6 other bichirs. Not sure on type or species. Either way this guy didn't seem to care enough about maintaining his fish's living conditions. and putting a 20-25 cm endli in a breeder box is just dumb. Luckily he is starting to look alot better now. The partially blind endli is pretty much healed completely. They both look so different and have really cool patterns. I can't take all the credit for rescuing them because keep in mind these fish are exotics here and very rare, very expensive as it is illegal to import them to Australia. I also saw an opportunity to get a much better deal than what I would pay for one in perfect health from another private seller. I wasn't worried when I bought the first one about its partial blindness and I have read through the forums that eye sight isn't that important for these guys. As for the second when the guy messaged me asking if I wanted the second (supposedly perfect health) at a highly reduced cost I thought yes I would love a second endli. I had planned to delay the purchase for another week or so then the guy told me about its living conditions in that breeder box and I was like **** alright I need to get some cash together and get this endli asap. When I arrived and he told me it had hurt its face on the breeder box and I wasn't too impressed....I have always had a love for animals and it makes me sick the way some people out there still treat them.......:mad:

Reactions: magpie
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store