My natural style tanks and biotopes thread

Lilyann

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
Ugh! I typed a message and it disappeared on me so I have to start over:

These Angels are beautiful and, with the exception of the notch in the nose that my Altums have, are almost identical. The colors are sharp, the lines distinctive, and fins long and striking. Nice specimens!

Have you noticed your tetras swimming closer together since adding the Angels? They look too big to be eaten by them, but they do appear ( in your video) to be aware that these Angels can be a predator. But, of course, that is hard to tell for sure in one video.
I put my Altums in a tank with a group of fully matured (Paracheirodon simulans). These fish immediately congregated nervously at just below the water line. They stayed here for a couple days ( very unusual for them, they usually school rather loosely at the 3/4 line near the bottom of the aquarium). The Altums are too small, young to eat them. But will be moving them before the Angels do get big enough to make a snack out of them.
Thanks for sharing the video. Im surprised how well the Peruvian Angels shoal together as a group!

Reactions: Stanzzzz7

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Stunning,,, apart from the sound track, I think it would go better with timmy trumpets savage freaks or underworld born slippy.
Underworld born slippy I remember, vaguely, being at Glastonbury in the 90s dancing like a lunatic to that.
My tastes are more guitar bands, The Smiths, oasis, stone roses, kasabian, the beatles and the like.
I just pick what's on you tube to add to the videos. Maybe I'll put helter skelter on the next one.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Ugh! I typed a message and it disappeared on me so I have to start over:

These Angels are beautiful and, with the exception of the notch in the nose that my Altums have, are almost identical. The colors are sharp, the lines distinctive, and fins long and striking. Nice specimens!

Have you noticed your tetras swimming closer together since adding the Angels? They look too big to be eaten by them, but they do appear ( in your video) to be aware that these Angels can be a predator. But, of course, that is hard to tell for sure in one video.
I put my Altums in a tank with a group of fully matured (Paracheirodon simulans). These fish immediately congregated nervously at just below the water line. They stayed here for a couple days ( very unusual for them, they usually school rather loosely at the 3/4 line near the bottom of the aquarium). The Altums are too small, young to eat them. But will be moving them before the Angels do get big enough to make a snack out of them.
Thanks for sharing the video. Im surprised how well the Peruvian Angels shoal together as a group!
Thanks Amy.
Yes,I'm very pleased with the angels. I love the way they look and they are very responsive characters.
Your right about the tetras, though it's the festivums they tend to be a little weary of.
They do still shoal the whole tank but I need to keep an eye on this. Don't want any stressed fish.

Reactions: mrrobxc and Lilyann

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Little update.

Collected loads of leaves last week to top up the substrate.I have also made some slight changes to the branches and added more twigs.

My new group of angels have settled In very well and I have had my first spwan from them today.

The lily is growing very fast and the parent plant has sent out several new ones. They too are growing very well.

Here are a few pics

View attachment 1349050

View attachment 1349052

View attachment 1349053

View attachment 1349054

View attachment 1349055

View attachment 1349056

View attachment 1349057
Simply outstanding Stanzzzz7 Stanzzzz7 ! Love the scape. You have a definite eye for them.

Reactions: dan518

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Little update.

Collected loads of leaves last week to top up the substrate.I have also made some slight changes to the branches and added more twigs.

My new group of angels have settled In very well and I have had my first spwan from them today.

The lily is growing very fast and the parent plant has sent out several new ones. They too are growing very well.

Here are a few pics

View attachment 1349050

View attachment 1349052

View attachment 1349053

View attachment 1349054

View attachment 1349055

View attachment 1349056

View attachment 1349057
Simply outstanding Stanzzzz7 Stanzzzz7 ! Love the scape. You have a definite eye for them.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Little update.

Here are a few pics

View attachment 1349050

View attachment 1349052

View attachment 1349053

View attachment 1349054

View attachment 1349055

View attachment 1349056

View attachment 1349057

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store