Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
tuffy_rana;4007802; said:
crushed coral allways looks good with africans and great for ph
:iagree:
Why are you blaming your wife for the substrate and bubble wrap background? We know it was your idea lol.

Nice O, I guess you'll be moving to the African forum, so good luck with the new set up.

WickedJester

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aquanero;4007950; said:
:iagree:
Why are you blaming your wife for the substrate and bubble wrap background? We know it was your idea lol.

Nice O, I guess you'll be moving to the African forum, so good luck with the new set up.
It was like when I met her. The tank had 3 pink kissing guarami, a couple dwarf guararmi, some parrot fish and thats about it when I met her.

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
Too bad you're passing him on. He's beastly except for the nostril erosion. How long is he anyway? Pattern is relatively standard but I do like the double eyespot on his tail. Keep him, man. Oscars are compatible with so many fish and in a 180, you've got room for him.

glenbo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2008
England
wow pimp tank lol

JTRG05

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2009
Northwest Ohio
WickedJester;4008161; said:
he is about 12-13" long. he has been chasing the other fish in there. If I put some small Africans in there he would eat them.
I held an Oscar for a friend in one of my 55's, it was about 6 inches. The tank was for my Africans, and I had just set everything up, the fish were all 1 inch long. In about 4 days, the Johanni's and the Auratus had the 6x bigger Oscar hiding in a corner. Had to stick the guy in the other 55.

What kind of Africans were thinking about, Malawais? Tangs?

WickedJester

Gambusia
MFK Member
JTRG05;4008218; said:
I held an Oscar for a friend in one of my 55's, it was about 6 inches. The tank was for my Africans, and I had just set everything up, the fish were all 1 inch long. In about 4 days, the Johanni's and the Auratus had the 6x bigger Oscar hiding in a corner. Had to stick the guy in the other 55.

What kind of Africans were thinking about, Malawais? Tangs?
Not really sure yet. I already have a m/f pair of Ahli blues that will go in there. Probably some yellow labs. I need to get this tank emptied, tore down, and I think im going to build a new taller stand and canopy for it, then I will start worrying about stocking.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store