My new tiger datnoid won't eat? suggestions?

Katie_Ca

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2018
GTA - Ontario, Canada
I bought a 5" NTT TIGER iin 2 weeks ago. he still doesn't eat anything. It always hide besides the driftwood. his tankmate is 10" HB golden arowana, 8 " indo tiger, 7" flagtail, 8" and 6" peacock bass. I don't see they did bother my NTT. I even bought him a feeder, and it seems he is not interested at all. So, Do u guy have any recommends?
Did you happen to buy it from an LFS in Markham? I ask because I'm in the same boat, except mine is slightly smaller at about 4".

ROY1204

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2018
toronto
Did you happen to buy it from an LFS in Markham? I ask because I'm in the same boat, except mine is slightly smaller at about 4".
Where is LFS? Mine is the one in McCowan and Steele. I bought one big and one small. Small one is about 3” and I put it with my 5 babies tiger and he eat the bloodworm with the other. Just the big one he doesn’t eat..

Katie_Ca

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2018
GTA - Ontario, Canada
Where is LFS? Mine is the one in McCowan and Steele. I bought one big and one small. Small one is about 3” and I put it with my 5 babies tiger and he eat the bloodworm with the other. Just the big one he doesn’t eat..
Yes, I bought mine from the same one. He was ok (although not eating) last week, swimming around, but I think he got bullied and is now just hiding (still not eating).

ROY1204

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2018
toronto
Yes, I bought mine from the same one. He was ok (although not eating) last week, swimming around, but I think he got bullied and is now just hiding (still not eating).
oh.. mine is same.. always hiding. I think we need more patient for it. What is the tankmate? I have two Peacock bass with him and they are always eating. It is hard to leave the food for NTT. That's why I want to get off my two Peacock bass.

Katie_Ca

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2018
GTA - Ontario, Canada
oh.. mine is same.. always hiding. I think we need more patient for it. What is the tankmate? I have two Peacock bass with him and they are always eating. It is hard to leave the food for NTT. That's why I want to get off my two Peacock bass.
I hope you are right. Mine was living with another NTT, same size but eating well, a motoro ray, a flagtail and an arowana. I've since moved him to his own tank but he seems to be hiding even more.

ROY1204

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2018
toronto
Thanks!! I don't have other tank except one 10GAl tank with 1x2.5" ntt tiger and 5x 1.5" indo tiger. I may try to put that one with them . But I am worry that one will eat all 1.5" indo tiger.

ROY1204

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2018
toronto
Anyone interests Peacock bass? they are really looking nice!! But they are really bothering my NTT to eat. When I looked for the Peacock bass, It is hard to find or I need to pay much for them. And now when I want to sell, no one come and ask.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store