my parrot aint he cute

nomadofthehills

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2005
AWAK. said:
Nothing wrong with HYBRIDS, Dogs cross breed, even MAN does it, getting back to your fish I really think he looks good, never seen one even close to that.

Man does not hybridize. Thats like a human with a chimp.
Dogs do it, yes, but rearely, do you mean different breed crosses? That is like a barred midas with a white midas.

I don't have anything against hybrids, I have a BP myself, but get your facts straight ;)

Chad55

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Michigan
Kinda looks like it could of been a BP and RD or Midas off spring. I just say that because it looks like it has a kind of long body with the odd coloration. Very very cool though. Deffinatly different. Something I would buy!

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
AWAK. said:
Nothing wrong with HYBRIDS, Dogs cross breed, even MAN does it, getting back to your fish I really think he looks good, never seen one even close to that.
hah yeah. Man cannot hybridize :grinno: . dogs cross breeding doesn't count as hybridization either. Parrots just don't look right. Very very deformed little guys.

xmixmasterx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2005
VA
DNordbak said:
what's wrong with hybrids? I'd understand if they were just the result of dipping them in acid, as elevatethis said, but I don't see anything wrong with crossbreeding fish to form new species.
The naturalist point of view highly disagrees with hybridization because it's not natural. If you can't find it in the wild, then it's almost like it's fake. Kinda like those fish they tattoo with neon colors. Parrots are neat looking though!

xmixmasterx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2005
VA
JESS said:
NICE I RECENTLY GOT TWO BUT HAD TO SEPRATE DO TO ONE BEING TOO MUCH OF A BULLY
If you're having problems with aggressive fish there is a neat trick I use that works. Take the bully fish and confine him. Sometimes a jar will work, but I prefer a plastic tub or cup with holes so that the fish has no chance to suffacate (even if I neglect to remember its jail sentence). Leave it under the cup or tub for a few days with no food, make sure it can see through so that it gets used to seeing the bullied fish. this will give the bullied fish time to recover, reclaim territory as well has get the bully fish used to seeing the other fish around all day, and learns to let the bullied fish eat without harrassment. This is a great remedy because the fish don't have to be seperated permanently, and can be kept the way you originally wanted them kept.

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
AWAK. said:
All dogs are the same species, all humans are the same species. Nether creat hybrids. To create a dog hybrid you would have to cross it with a coyote or something. To make a human hybrid you would have to cross it with a chimpanzee. That is what hybrids are, a cross between different species.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store