My rainbow doesn't want to eat...

nono

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2012
indonesia
Hi. I want to ask. I just recently bought a 5 cm rainbow shark yesterday. I put him in my temporary 20 gal tank that already have 2,5 - 3 cm black tetra, which there are 3 of them and one leopard bush fish. I am not intending to add another fish since it is pretty much overstock i know. But he hasn't eat anything since yesterday and tomorrow i am gonna have a weekly 25 oercent water change. Is it gonna be okay? And is it okay for him to not eating? As far as i am aware, no sign of white spot, tick, or whatsoever in his scale. Thanks

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi. I want to ask. I just recently bought a 5 cm rainbow shark yesterday. I put him in my temporary 20 gal tank that already have 2,5 - 3 cm black tetra, which there are 3 of them and one leopard bush fish. I am not intending to add another fish since it is pretty much overstock i know. But he hasn't eat anything since yesterday and tomorrow i am gonna have a weekly 25 oercent water change. Is it gonna be okay? And is it okay for him to not eating? As far as i am aware, no sign of white spot, tick, or whatsoever in his scale. Thanks

The Rainbow Shark will be fine some fish take time to adjust to their new environment.

nono

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2012
indonesia
The Rainbow Shark will be fine some fish take time to adjust to their new environment.
So it is fine? I am just kinda anxious since it is kinda sedentary. He is only moving around a rock inside my tank and doesn't really want to roam the whole tank. Is it normal?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
So it is fine? I am just kinda anxious since it is kinda sedentary. He is only moving around a rock inside my tank and doesn't really want to roam the whole tank. Is it normal?
Give a little time the Rainbow Shark will eventually start roaming the entire aquarium.

nono

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2012
indonesia
Give a little time the Rainbow Shark will eventually start roaming the entire aquarium.
ok. Thanks a lot! You are giving me some relief. But is it fine if i am doing a water change a bit? As far as i am aware if i am doing a weekly check of the water parameter after and before changing the water, my water parameter dont change a lot

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
ok. Thanks a lot! You are giving me some relief. But is it fine if i am doing a water change a bit? As far as i am aware if i am doing a weekly check of the water parameter after and before changing the water, my water parameter dont change a lot

Stick with your water change routine the Rainbow Shark will be fine.

Stephen St.Clair

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
Might try Omega One small grain sinking cichlid pellets. I often use it to entice finicky fish to eat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store