My saltwater journey

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
Wow, i always wanted a 65g salt tank, but never had guts to do a salt tank.
I was always too intimidated by saltwater but it really isn't that bad. It's so much more expensive though. Once you get everything you need it's not that bad. I spent every penny of what I made from selling my 75 and 125 gallon setups and spent it on this 32 gallon nano... It is nice only having to change 5 gallons of water per week versus 100. This definately itches my saltwater scratch but I'm really looking forward to my home tank being freshwater.

One thing I did learn is I will NEVER use another filter other than a sump. Never ever ever again. Having all of the probes and heater etc out of the display is great. My next tank will be a 300 gallon high tech planted tank with poly. Sumps are so great.

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
I added a fuzzy dwarf lionfish today. I'll take pictures later today or Monday. It's about 3", same size as the clowns. The more dominant clown swims by every once in a while and fans it with her tail.

My two clowns are still fighting a lot over dominance. They're mean little guys.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Yeah Damsels are picky little SOBs. Should be good on size for fdl clowns may pick on it though or just be too boisterous for it to handle.

Reactions: jwd

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
twentyleagues twentyleagues The clowns killed it. I've had enough of them. I just placed an order for 2
ocellaris clowns. They're gone. Maroon clowns are no joke the most aggressive saltwater fish for their size. I'd put them up there with Dovii :) They're awful fish...and I was SOO excited to get maroon clowns.

tlindsey tlindsey I actually bought this rock dry. They paint it purple and I love it. When I start to go through the diatom phase it won't be as bad with purple rocks. I'll have coral in this tank soon enough. Yeah, those are two extremely mean maroons. I always get the most aggressive fish and never on purpose.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
If you have any questions on coral or fish or whatever you can ask me anytime. I'm not an expert or anything but I do have a lot of experience in salt and fresh water fish and corals. I have had all sorts of stuff in glass cages pretty much since I was born. I have raised clowns, I have propagated corals and have sold both. PM me, Tag me whatever, I have made all the mistakes, and have had a lot of successes also. I check the site regularly as of now and your thread is in my watched list. I hope this doesn't come off as conceited, that is not what I'm try to say. I just want you to know you can ask me just about anything, if I have had experience in the matter ill give you my thoughts.

As for clowns that tank is going to be theirs, anything you put in after will most likely be harassed to the point it hides or dies or kills one or both clowns. Just my experience in a smaller tank, they need about 3 sq feet especially if mated and breeding (breeding probably more).

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Nice clown!
They are mean but in any cases you don't want to keep them then sent it my way, my antennarius maculatus very very happy to eat them :) lol Joke!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store