My Wels Catfish (silurus glanis) albino

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
So wednesday13 wednesday13 @WailuaBoy thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter so basically I can never sell of trade my wels or move to another state with him? If that is the case im fuc**d because I plan to get out of California in several years.
yup... u got it... only in state sales are permitted. or u go underground and delete all these threads abuout ur specimen lol... I just hope it stops there and they dont forcibly kill our fish. good news for u is if u do have to sell... ur basically making the market price in ur state.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter Posted by Oddball

Background:
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service) has published a final rule in the Federal Register listing 10 freshwater fish and 1 crayfish species as injurious species under the Lacey Act. This listing, which becomes effective on October 31, 2016, covers the following species (see Federal Register Notice for more information):

• Crucian carp (Carassius carassius)
  • Eurasian minnow (Phoxinus phoxinus)
  • Prussian carp (Carassius gibelio)
  • Roach (Rutilus rutilus)
  • Stone moroko (Pseudorasbora parva)
  • Nile perch (Lates niloticus)
  • Amur sleeper (Perccottus glenii)
  • European perch (Perca fluviatilis)
  • Zander (Sander lucioperca)
  • Wels catfish (Silurus glanis)
  • Common yabby (Cherax destructor)
The listing generally makes it illegal to import live animals, gametes, viable eggs, or hybrids of these species into the United States. (NOTE: Prohibited imports include shipments transiting through the United States on their way to other foreign destinations.) Interstate transport of any type (both commercial and with respect to personal pets) is also prohibited.

This listing does not prohibit the importation or interstate transport of dead specimens nor does it affect the sale and possession of these species within a State.

Direct export is still allowed from either a designated port or other location with a current designated port exception permit (DPEP) but any export must occur directly from the State where the species are present. Designated port exception permits will only authorize use of a staffed FWS port in the same State where the fish are located, and issuance will depend on the availability of Service inspection staff and other criteria. Fish may not be transported between States by any means for the purpose of eventual export.

Action: Effective October 31, 2016, it will be illegal to import any liveanimals, gametes, viable eggs, or hybrids of these species into the United States or to transport these species from one State to another (including transporting them for export) without a permit from the Service.
As of this date, these species may only be exported:

• Directly from a designated port in the State where the fish are already located; or
  • Directly from a FWS staffed non-designated port in the State where the fish are located under a Service-issued designated port exception permit.
Flights carrying exports must be direct international flights to a foreign country that do not stop at an airport in another State. (Stopovers are allowed within the State from which the shipment is departing.)

Shipments moving by vehicle, truck or rail to Canada or Mexico may not enter another State in transit to these countries.

Any export shipments that transit another State by air or land will be considered contraband subject to seizure and forfeiture whether or not the exporter knew that such interstate transport would occur.

Those caught unlawfully bringing these injurious species into the United States or transporting them across State lines on or after this date face penalties that include up to 6 months in prison and fines as high as $5,000 for individuals or $10,000 for organizations.

Shipments that are in the process of being imported at the time of the effective date must physically arrive in the United States before October 31, 2016; shipments that enter the country on or after this date will be subject to seizure.

U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Office of Law Enforcement
703-358-1949; 703-358-2271 (fax)
lawenforcement@fws.gov (e-mail)

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51703
Custodis Piscis Eterna - Eternal Fishkeeper
Carpe Piscis Extrarius - Seize the Oddball fish.
Ad Mortem BOHICA
#1Oddball, Yesterday at 12:34 PM

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Dann...so will I need some sort of documentation as to the data I purchased my fish? Because I didn't get a sales recipt or anything because I may wes in person...

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Guess my Chineese wels is safe. For now.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Jeez the government ruins all my dreams,whatever happened to the pursuit of happiness!?

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Wels catfish (Silurus Glanis) Update

December, 26. 2016

UPDATE:

He was moved from a 48x18x30 that was only ever filled to 17 or so inches deep....was a 110 gallon....Now moved to a 5ftx18x20 110 tank filled all the way. soon will be moved to a 240 for more growing. He was not eating for quite a while I was getting worried there for a minute.....Bought a strong 500w titanium heater and am now keeping him at a constant 76 degree instead of 68-70. he has started to eat again......Will ONLY eat Hikari floating Bio gold +
I have offered : Smelt,Live earthworms, bloodworms, Brine shrimp, krill (fresh and freeze dried), tubifex worms, tilapia, shrimp, salmon, and many many more things...he just refuses and will only eat the floating bio gold + ......anyways I cant get a handle on how big he actually is...if I had to give a good guess I would say 14 inches could be bigger...

anyways here are a couple quickie videos I took with my phone nothing special but if you look at the first ever video and picture on the first page of the thread you can see he has grown ALOT since I first got him in mid july of this year....

watch in 1080 if you can...Lights were all off sorry for blurry quality

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store