Need abit of advice.

Megan Watmore

Feeder Fish
Feb 4, 2019
Hi all. Haven't got much of a clue on using this website. I have a 120L fish tank and just added allot of new aquarium plants the plants... My issue is that since adding the plants my tank has gone really cloudy with a white cloundyness. I'm quite new and have never had aquarium plants before in my life but had my fish for a few years ago and apart from the first new tank normal cycle it's always been very clean clear water. I've done numerous amounts of water changes tried to scoop as much debris out the water I can but still nothing is working :( my plecos are now starting to race to the top of the tank at full speed for air and one or 2 others are breathing heavily? I've got my spray bar set to the max with air bubbles going into the water thinking maybe they were lacking in oxygen. Are my new plants just dying and that's why the white cloundyness is coming from or what is causing it? I've done about 5x 50% water changes this last 4 days and it's improved only a tiny bit. I'm hoping my fish will be okay ect but I've also noticed that they are eating the **** out of my plants just grazing constantly and the poo coming out of them is like wow biggest fish poos I've ever seen them do hanging out there bum. I know that's a sign of over feeding but I've never had this problem before even the loches are coming up for air and they are rarely seen in general. Any advice help or information on what I can do next would mean the world to me. Here is a photo or two of the tank.

15493203071401920641819759777006.jpg 15493203311559090804342044128209.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Cloudy water could be from a bacterial bloom, decaying plants or disturbed debris from planting. If it’s a aerobic bacterial bloom then the powerhead could work so keep the water churning. Don’t have to do numerous water changes but check with a test kit and do a water change if the nitrates are high. Gotta be careful as some fish will eat ur plants.

Megan Watmore

Feeder Fish
Feb 4, 2019
Cloudy water could be from a bacterial bloom, decaying plants or disturbed debris from planting. If it’s a aerobic bacterial bloom then the powerhead could work so keep the water churning. Don’t have to do numerous water changes but check with a test kit and do a water change if the nitrates are high. Gotta be careful as some fish will eat ur plants.
Thank you very much for your advice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store