Need help with my new delhezi

senegalrb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2016
Hello i just bought a new bichir. I previously bought a senegal bichir that was 2 inches last febuary 2016 and now its about 8 inches, so i thought i would buy another one and i saw a really cheap delhezi and had to get him. So anyway my question is, my delhezi is about 2 inches, how long will i need to quarantine him from the 8 inch senegal before they can stay together in one tank?
Also how much do i need to feed the delhezi. Cause im used to feeding my senegal alot recently. And i dont want to over feed my delhezi. Ive fed him once today for the very first time! I gave him cut up squid and he ate kind of alot his belly looks swollen. What should i do? And also can i ask which is more expensive a delhezi or an endli? This forum rocks. My go to site for my lovely bichirs

Also i dont feed my bichirs pellets. I only feed them earthworms, fresh squid, and fresh anchovies

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
I'd QT it until you're comfortable putting it into the tank with the sen. I'd probably say a thick 3"-4" should be fine, but if you wanted to be really safe 5" would be a good size.

senegalrb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2016
I wouldn't worry about the swollen belly, bichirs can eat quite a bit. I would qt for a while until the size difference isn't so pronounced. Could end up an expensive feeder.
Haha. Thank you for the reply. I just got abit scared with the tummy. And id totally will. Thanks bud

Reactions: Jrp0405

senegalrb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2016
Thank you. The little guy eats just like the senegal. Hopefully after a month its big enough. The senegal eats like crazy he waves his body to mave room for more. Should i feed it less?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Thank you. The little guy eats just like the senegal. Hopefully after a month its big enough. The senegal eats like crazy he waves his body to mave room for more. Should i feed it less?

Lol don't worry my del out eats any of my poly's.:) I feed my poly's pellets, and tilapia I give them a couple of days to digest after a fill of tilapia.:)

Reactions: Polyaddict86

senegalrb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2016
I'd QT it until you're comfortable putting it into the tank with the sen. I'd probably say a thick 3"-4" should be fine, but if you wanted to be really safe 5" would be a good size.
Can i ask if i could feed my bichirs chicken breasts? Thank you in advance!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store